Home

Ps5 vs Xbox series x

This is a discussion on Ps5 vs Xbox series x within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2024, 02:04 AM   #1
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Ps5 vs Xbox series x

Is there any big difference of getting ncaa on either system or is it the same. Trying to figure out what system I want it for. I can’t double dip like I used to so I need help

https://www.youtube.com/@mr_too_soon

https://www.twitch.com/mrtoosoon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2024, 09:01 AM   #2
Rookie

Schreck's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Ps5 vs Xbox series x

Game should be identical on both. Main benefit on Xbox is if you have Game Pass you can play it 3 days early if you pre-order. Other than that, go with the system you like the controller better for or if you want to play online dynasty with friends make sure you all get it for the same console because cross play isn't available for that mode unfortunately.
Old 07-14-2024, 11:27 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

You can also play three days early(10 hr trial- same benefit on Xbox)on PS5 with EA Play subscription.

They should be the same
Old 07-14-2024, 12:04 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

one, it would depend on what version of the game you bought(standard/deluxe)

If standard, if you wanted to use the 10-hour trial, you would need EA play.
on Xbox, if you have Game Pass Ultimate, it comes with EA Play included.

If Deluxe, it doesn't really matter as Xbox/PS will both get it at the same time for early access.

second, if you have friends you want to play online dynasty with, since OD does not have crossplay, you would all need the same console version.

for performance comparisons, I do not think anyone know as of yet if there will be any difference. there shouldn't be any major difference as the hardware is almost the exact same, mainly down to coding and optimizations.

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet
Old 07-14-2024, 02:43 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Is there any big difference of getting ncaa on either system or is it the same. Trying to figure out what system I want it for. I can’t double dip like I used to so I need help

Stuck in the same boat here. Being a graphics whore, I want the prettiest and smoothest experience. I’m sure that it’s gonna be extremely close at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2024, 02:45 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreck
Game should be identical on both. Main benefit on Xbox is if you have Game Pass you can play it 3 days early if you pre-order. Other than that, go with the system you like the controller better for or if you want to play online dynasty with friends make sure you all get it for the same console because cross play isn't available for that mode unfortunately.

So I have Game Pass, all I have to do is purchase the Regular edition and not the Deluxe and I can play at 4pm on Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2024, 02:54 PM   #7
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

There won't be any noticeable technical or performance differences. Depends on your preference of which ecosystem you prefer and which one you may have friends on that you would want to play with or talk to via party chat.

If you care about potential editing limitations, PS5 might be a better option if someone ever comes out with a tool for editing save games. You straight up can't transfer saves to a USB drive or to your PC for XBox games (unless you own the PC version of the game as well which is a moot point for this game). I'm not sure if it's possible to transfer save games on PS5 though.
Old 07-14-2024, 03:00 PM   #8
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I don't care if a game is ''better'' on XBox, I'm a PlayStation guy thru and thru. I'd still rather play a PS3 game than play a current gen XBox game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »