Home

Commentary missing a lot.

This is a discussion on Commentary missing a lot. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-20-2024, 01:40 PM   #9
Rookie

Fusker's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Commentary missing a lot.

This is always funny, I’m finding Rece’s attempts at excitement to be over the top.

It’s as good as it gets, which is a low bar. Having selectable broadcast team options is pretty cool. Let’s face it, unless a franchise does a massive update every couple weeks, it will get stale when you’re cranking out a season in a day early on.
Old 07-20-2024, 01:45 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

With NBA 2K being my primary sports game for the past decade or beyond, I imagine I've been spoiled with the commentary to some degree because yeah, I noticed NCAA's wasn't super great.

I don't see it ruining the game for me—and I totally understand why player names aren't mentioned often (there's 11,000 player names to record which is probably pretty heavy for a game's first year back)—but it's a bummer because this is the one game where I kind of need to hear the names so I can learn who all these guys from random schools are. Compounding the issue is the nametag below a selected player is often hard for me to read on screen as well.
Old 07-21-2024, 06:56 AM   #11
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Glad I’m not alone. We need to have more life and better commentary for this game. It honestly is probably worse than Madden and that’s not saying much. Again. Play by play is the major issue. It’s dormant and stagnant on all levels. Intro color commentary is suitable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2024, 06:58 AM   #12
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
With NBA 2K being my primary sports game for the past decade or beyond, I imagine I've been spoiled with the commentary to some degree because yeah, I noticed NCAA's wasn't super great.

I don't see it ruining the game for me—and I totally understand why player names aren't mentioned often (there's 11,000 player names to record which is probably pretty heavy for a game's first year back)—but it's a bummer because this is the one game where I kind of need to hear the names so I can learn who all these guys from random schools are. Compounding the issue is the nametag below a selected player is often hard for me to read on screen as well.

They made 200 million on preorder first day. They can afford to work harder and getting more commentary implemented. Not to mention they talk about the wrong team constantly and repeat. Sorry. As you can see I’m frustrated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2024, 05:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's appallingly bad. It honestly wreaks of "didn't even try." I've seen national championships won on the final play of the game and it's saying "And they punch it in to take the lead." Then a 2 second pause. "And they'll be crowned national champions!" It's completely disconnected from the game.

Multiple times I've gotten a turnover in the redzone, and then it says the offense takes over in the redzone.

One halftime breakdown talked about how great the secondaries had played and they had locked down receivers... it was a combined 450 passing yards in the first half. Meanwhile they ignored the 20 combined rushing yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »