Home

EA College Football 26 Wishlist

This is a discussion on EA College Football 26 Wishlist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2024, 02:43 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CFB 26 Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
My small nitpick list:

Lighting, I just cannot stand the 4 quarter long frozen in time sunsets, no excuse at this point for a AAA game to have static lighting/skies/weather/shadows. Another very small thing, would like to see the gatorade jugs/cups sitting on the sideline tables animate when a tackle goes off the field into them. It happens enough at this point to add the ability to smash/scatter into this stuff instead of just warping through it like it doesn't exist. People would love it, we can't get the old school ambulance on the field or helmets popping off anymore, this would be an adequate replacement.
The lighting and weather thing is really bothering me. I am using FAU and having constant rain games and stadium lighting that has become stale is a real bummer. Especially since these are features that were featured 10-15 years ago.

Your second point about the ambulance is something I forgot. Injuries should happen in the actual effect of what is happening in the game and they should be realistic in the updates of the players. But this has been an issue with EA football games forever unfortuantely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2024, 02:46 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA College Football 26 Wishlist

I would like to see some improvements in "Top Stories."

For example... I had no idea that my HC had left. I've been rolling as the OC at Rice and then I get into the second season and realize there's a different HC. Not a huge thing by any stretch but you would think the HC leaving for another job would be something they'd mention. To add to this, how about an option where you can join him at his new job?

I think Top Stories should go a little more towards the EA FC route and include more stuff about the players/coaches on your team rather than just generic info on other games.
Old 09-03-2024, 02:56 PM   #43
Pro

polyduster's Arena

I would love to see a playoff selection show that reveals each matchup one at a time.

The in-game updates from around the country are nice, but I miss it going to a separate screen that shows more information about each game (like NCAA 14)

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2024, 03:02 PM   #44
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Full support for split-field match coverages.
Old 09-03-2024, 03:33 PM   #45
Rookie

I’d like the national title celebration to be better and longer. I’d like to really feel the celebration after accomplishing such an impressive goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2024, 05:52 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteelDad
I would like to see some improvements in "Top Stories."

For example... I had no idea that my HC had left. I've been rolling as the OC at Rice and then I get into the second season and realize there's a different HC. Not a huge thing by any stretch but you would think the HC leaving for another job would be something they'd mention. To add to this, how about an option where you can join him at his new job?

I think Top Stories should go a little more towards the EA FC route and include more stuff about the players/coaches on your team rather than just generic info on other games.
The coaching carousel in general should be EA's top priority for dynasty mode in 26 IMO.

The mode is essentially a coach simulator, but outside of recruiting (which is phenomenal) and the actual games (which is generally very good), there's not really a whole lot of depth to your coach or your staff.

Being notified when your head coach leaves should be the absolute bare minimum.

I'd love to have the option to either follow him to the new school or replace him as the head coach. That's just barely above the bare minimum.

But I also want to look at the coaching staff of any school at any time and see their complete resume. Like, when you look at team rosters, along with QB, HB, and every other position, there should be a tab for the coaching staff, where you can open their "player cards" and see everything about them.

Often I find myself scrolling through coaching moves as the season comes to a close, and it'll say things like "record at current school," but it'll be the record they had at their *previous* school. But it doesn't actually tell you what their previous school was.

All coaches have an alma mater, but you can't always see that. It's a very minor thing, but it's just another piece of information the game includes but doesn't always let you see.

I also want coaches to have far more of an impact on their schools, with significantly more variability between great coaches, good ones, and bad ones. I wanna see the in-game version of Oklahoma hiring John Blake. I wanna see programs like Nebraska or Florida or Tennessee get an itchy trigger finger because their head coach "only" wins 10 games, and as a result they send themselves into a downward spiral lasting several years and several coaches. I wanna see a Top Story of "Texas is back!" after a 6-5 season, only for them to go 5-7. Basically, I wanna feel like the coaches are real.

In real life, the coaching carousel can be so chaotic. In the game, it feels like you can safely ignore it entirely and it makes no difference.

Unrelated to coaches but on the subject of things feeling real, I'd also love to see the inclusion of things like turnover chains/robes/etc. Put a bunch of real-life ones in the game, but also include a ton of customizable ones so we can add them ourselves to whatever team we control. And stuff like Hawaii's coaching staff wearing Hawaiian shirts.

So much of this game is so good. But it needs those little touches to really feel alive.
Old 09-03-2024, 06:41 PM   #47
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooe
Full support for split-field match coverages.
I would just like to see how you play defense in these games overhauled entirely. It will never happen, but I feel like the way you play defense in these games is essentially a legacy thing that has persisted from the earliest days of Madden, when you really didn't / couldn't do anything other than make playing defense essentially identical to playing offense (only without the ball).

Starting from the playcalling screen, the act of calling/playing defense should just be overhauled entirely: having 8 million separate "plays" in the defensive playbook seems silly to me and not in-line with how real defenses work (as far as I can tell). To me, this is again just a legacy thing from the earliest days of football video games where the offense and defense both call 'plays' at the playscreen and then away you go at the snap. But that's not really the best way to control playing defense in my opinion.

The way it might work better is each team has a few basic/base setups depending on down/personnel/situation (Cover 1/2/3 with a few variations of each), and then when the teams lineup, the 'audibles' or pre-play adjustments for the defense should be calling out the coverage adjustments (if any) based on how the offense sets up before the snap, taking into account motions, etc. For example, if you're in Cover 4 Palms and expected a 3x1 formation, but then the offense comes out and motions to a 2x2, your audible call (1 button please!) could automatically adjust the backside coverage to MEG, or you have other options to change per your liking (e.g. you can call CUT, Stubbie, Stump, etc).

Then after the snap, you don't necessarily control 1 'guy', or you can, but they automatically 'cover' or whatever their assignment is. Your primary "action" is calling out the offensive play - e.g. if you're controlling the CB in a MEG role, you can call out "Under!" if you see a Smash concept or something. I dunno, I don't have it all worked (LOL) but something other than what it is now would be better IMO.

NFL2K was kind of on to something in that the way you "called" defenses was you would call what you want your front 3/4 to do (Stunt, Scrape, etc), then call your coverages separately.

Either way, they need to re-imagine playing defense in this game IMO, because it's so un-fun and frustrating and seems like a total after-thought in the game. It's like 'yes, we're on offense!' and then on defense I'm pretty much thinking 'okay, let's try to get through this until we get the ball back...'.
Old 09-03-2024, 07:13 PM   #48
Rookie

Re: CFB 26 Wish List

For the most part outside of general innovation with new ideas I would like to see:

-General bug fixes

-Fix the day/night schedule, not sure why it's not in the game and it not a bug or it would be fixed by now.

-More Mascots (which I believe they will continue to add)

-Offline team builder, but not only this but the ability to add team's vs removes them and the ability to create our own conference with names.

-Coaching carousel (the contract year auto renewals ae killer and you can get stuck in a one-year loop). Allow us to apply for jobs as well.

-More dynasty improvements, record tracking and please give us more coach customization features (and for the love that is all, please add a headset to the coach).

I would also like to see AI added into other things. We are at a really unique time where AI in particular could create a lot of immersion for sports games in particular. It could generate recruiting conversations, allow us to get news from around the league etc in a dynamic way. Of course, you can do a lot of this outside the game but it would be nice to see it implemented

Overall, I know there is a lot of negativity surrounding the game on reddit and some of the forums here, and some of it is warranted. But this is the funnest sports game I have played in a long long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »