Home

College Football 25 Patch Adds Mass Subs, Roster Update Includes Tons of New Players

This is a discussion on College Football 25 Patch Adds Mass Subs, Roster Update Includes Tons of New Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2024, 10:21 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limasbravo
I think this is an update. Starting a dynasty and doing custom conferences, the American on the top tabs is the first one 1st as "AAC". I think they were "Amer" before this? Or maybe I'm just remembering NCAA14.
Oh my god did they finally stop alphabetizing the American as the Big East?
Old 08-29-2024, 10:31 AM   #58
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Patch Available - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthyScratch
It baffles me they can’t fix/let us edit jersey numbers. Maybe (but probably not) in a roster update once the season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgc28
Fantastic! Now if we can just get numbers we're all set
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I don't see a way to edit recruits ratings just players already on your roster
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm satisfied with what they added in this update. Hopefully in future updates they'll find a way to unlock editing jersey #'s. It would also be awesome if they added "Play Clock OFF at Play Call Screen" to Dynasty Mode. Not a big deal at all with that though. Just personal preference. Good stuff!

Gentlemen....think this thru a little.

We are not going to be able to edit numbers. This is a NIL/legal issue. I don't care if you are 6 years into your dynasty and you have all fake players.....I am 99% certain they can't allow number editing because every dynasty can violate the players NIL with number changing out of the box.

Let's say you are in year 2....you want to change a recruits number.....well he can't take a number from a NIL player.

So how can they code this to know the difference? They probably can't.

Hard coded.

I am mean come everyone....they added full editing except numbers for fictional players and recruits. Huge win.

Let it ****ing go already.

Play the game.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 08-29-2024, 10:32 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
Read through the notes. Just to make sure I’m reading them correctly, the only addition that requires a restart to access is the staff changes for the 2 schools mentioned in the note, correct?

Meaning, all the AI and game management stuff should automatically apply to existing dynasties, right?
I would like to know this as well.
Old 08-29-2024, 10:35 AM   #60
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwhite001
I would like to know this as well.
Everything applies except what they said did not with those two coaching staff changes/updates.
NHL23 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 08-29-2024, 10:40 AM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Gentlemen....think this thru a little.

We are not going to be able to edit numbers. This is a NIL/legal issue. I don't care if you are 6 years into your dynasty and you have all fake players.....I am 99% certain they can't allow number editing because every dynasty can violate the players NIL with number changing out of the box.

Let's say you are in year 2....you want to change a recruits number.....well he can't take a number from a NIL player.

So how can they code this to know the difference? They probably can't.

Hard coded.

I am mean come everyone....they added full editing except numbers for fictional players and recruits. Huge win.

Let it ****ing go already.

Play the game.

This logic makes no sense. If they have the ability to lock everything out of all NIL players then they should be able to lock their number in as well. All incoming recruits get their choice of available numbers.

I still think it’s a duplicate number issue. That if I want to give my RB #22 they can’t figure out how to stop it from changing my FS that has #22.

NIL reasoning over a number? But we can create any recruit now basically. I recruit a 1 star player that looks similar to a recruit in this cycle, change his name, ratings, and everything there are no NIL issues, but the moment I slap a number on him it turns in to legal problems? Doesn’t add up to me.

But at the end of the day it’s not game breaking for me. Still having a ton of fun with the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2024, 10:45 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Everything applies except what they said did not with those two coaching staff changes/updates.
Thank you.
Old 08-29-2024, 10:46 AM   #63
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

For all of you Coach Suggestions folk, they tuned that as well as AI Play Calling. I already felt like the AI did a good job of calling plays in game. If it's tuned to be even better, well I'm here for it.
Old 08-29-2024, 10:47 AM   #64
Rookie

Nygs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO16teen
This logic makes no sense. If they have the ability to lock everything out of all NIL players then they should be able to lock their number in as well. All incoming recruits get their choice of available numbers.

I still think it’s a duplicate number issue. That if I want to give my RB #22 they can’t figure out how to stop it from changing my FS that has #22.

NIL reasoning over a number? But we can create any recruit now basically. I recruit a 1 star player that looks similar to a recruit in this cycle, change his name, ratings, and everything there are no NIL issues, but the moment I slap a number on him it turns in to legal problems? Doesn’t add up to me.

But at the end of the day it’s not game breaking for me. Still having a ton of fun with the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm curious about numbering as well. My JR WR (recruited/fake player) was #15 his 1st 2 years (FR & SO), and just changed to #1 automatically at the start of his JR yr. Very curious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »