Home

Desmond Howard to cover NCAA Football 06

This is a discussion on Desmond Howard to cover NCAA Football 06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2005, 11:41 PM   #81
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Desmond Howard to cover NCAA Football 06

Here's the box cover

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2005, 11:57 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 2
Talking Re: Desmond Howard to cover NCAA Football 06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I guess alot of people care about the cover if there is 7 pages of typing about it!!!!.

LOL !!! Point taken..

But here's my point. Do you know who was going to be on the cover of NCAA Gamebreaker 2002....................Mike Vick. Now, EA had Chris Weinke i think that year. Now I would guess that about maybe 7 out of 10 people would of bought Gamebreaker if the cover sold the game, or determined anything that had to do with the game. The hardcore player who cares about gameplay does not care who is on the cover because it makes no difference. It's like my girlfriend's underwear. I don't care what color they are, as long as they come off.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:22 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm buying 2 copies, one for just the cover . All kidding aside, I'm glad that it looks like they ditched the white numbers.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzzz414
LOL !!! Point taken..

But here's my point. Do you know who was going to be on the cover of NCAA Gamebreaker 2002....................Mike Vick. Now, EA had Chris Weinke i think that year. Now I would guess that about maybe 7 out of 10 people would of bought Gamebreaker if the cover sold the game, or determined anything that had to do with the game. The hardcore player who cares about gameplay does not care who is on the cover because it makes no difference. It's like my girlfriend's underwear. I don't care what color they are, as long as they come off.
Don't get me wrong (or anyone else complaining about the cover either)...none of us are not going to buy the game because of the cover, that would be ridiculious and stupid. So I somewhat agree with you. But for someone who plays the game daily, or near daily, it does matter somewhat because it is what I pick up and look at every day. It's not a big deal really, in the scope of things, but to say it's irrelevant for myself and many others would also not be honest.

It's just a minor point but one that definitely matters simply for the fact that if we hate it we will just have to make a custom cover, which is what we will do. But to say we can't bring it up as a talking point because it doesn't matter or they feel it's a dumb topic is somewhat tacky because this is a message board and the subject is on topic, whether it matters to you or not does not mean anyone should be belittling anyones opinions. If it doesn't matter to you then fine, no worries, but for some people it does make a small difference, even though as I said, I seriously doubt anyone would be not purchasing the game because of the cover..
Old 05-05-2005, 10:59 AM   #85
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

The only reason way I care about the cover is the suspense of it all. Once it's announced, my care ceases to exist. I just get excited knowing that the info is near.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2005, 05:14 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
The only reason way I care about the cover is the suspense of it all. Once it's announced, my care ceases to exist. I just get excited knowing that the info is near.

I couldn't agree with you more. I remember back in the day when they just had Madden and Walsh on the covers. I didn't care who was on the cover, I just saw the ad in an EGM, and go crazy in anticipation. I mean seeing the cover for the first time just pumps me up for the game. Knowing that it's closer. To start saying that "he dosen't deserve to be on the cover" is OK. To like or dislike who's on the cover is OK as well, it's your opinion. But for some people to act like it's a bad omen for the game, or make it seems like it has anything to do with quality of the game is crazy. To each his own, but I think that this is the time in which we should be talking about the GAME and not the cover. With E3 coming, and the preseason books coming. BTW, do you think that the athlon book will be the preseason top 25 that they will use, seeing thet they are working with EA this year?
Old 05-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #87
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
Wienke was on the cover only four years ago. He's not quite old school just yet. Charlie Ward is old school (well, for me at least); I loved him.
Old school for me would have been Archie Griffin (2 time winner 74 & 75) from Ohio State or maybe Earl Campbell (77).

Yea, I'm old....
Old 05-09-2005, 12:54 AM   #88
Rookie

If they were going old school they should have put the scoring explosion on there if any one knows who that is. Which i would hope most football fans would. They were said to be the best RB WR QB ever in to play college football after all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »