Home

What an empty feeling this is...

This is a discussion on What an empty feeling this is... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 01:16 AM   #25
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: What an empty feeling this is...

It just makes the wait a little harder to me. That being people getting the game a lot sooner then most of us will. Either way, time is ticking it was just last week I was going nuts because some stores had leaked the game and I couldnt find a copy nowhere. 3 days from now I will be playing and I cant wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 10:12 AM   #26
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Hey, i'm not mad at anybody who got the game early. I wish it could have been me, but it's not so oh well...Just don't read the impressions. After all this is someone else's opinion of the game and not yours. So, don't let that spoil it for you. Me personally, I haven't been reading a lot of the impressions threads and have stopped looking at videos period. i have seen enough and am ready to play. So, just be cool bro b/c it's only three days left...
Old 07-09-2005, 10:31 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Some of you guys need to learn that life is not fair. As you get older, you realize things rarely go as planned.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #28
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFootball
Does anyone else have the same issue?
Yeah, if I can't be the first one in the world to play it, I am not going to play it at all.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:17 AM   #29
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFootball
First, let me start off by saying that I am not some little kid sitting at his computer and having countless hours to play the game. I have been working long hours as of late (and for the forseeable future), so getting the game on the 12th generally wouldn't bother me at all.

I just can't help but watch (what seemingly, but probably isn't) 50% of the population salivate at my expense with some empty feeling. I'm not one to have blamed EA for all the things that have happened on this release but, nonetheless, the whole situation has soured me for NCAA '06.

It's harder for me to get pumped in preparation for a release that I know other people have already had. In past years, having NCAA on the date of widespread release was a good feeling, but this season's mishaps have really taken away the excitement of getting it.

Does anyone else have the same issue?
I'm with you there man. I wouldn't care about waiting until the 12th but it seems like a lot of people have already had the game for a few days already. It's really frustrating.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:26 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerace
Sorry, but I honestly have to say that it is pretty juvenile of you that your excitement is lessened because someone else got a new toy before you did.

Heck we have known for awhile now that 7/12 was the release date. Since the day I heard that, I have been planning to get it on the 15th (my first pay-check after the realease date).

Does the fact that others got this game days/weeks (or even if they had gotten it a month or more) before me lessen how I feel about the game?

Of course NOT. In fact I like to read all the reviews and info they post, it gives me more things to look at until the 15th.

I just have to wonder how little your life has going for it though. That you feel you should whine that "Mommy!!!!! Bobby got the game before me, that's not fair."

I dont really think that the problem is that others got it before us, its the mass confusion between different stores(sometimes even just different employees), and the fact that pretty much every store has it, but cant release it now. It just doesnt make any sense to hold the games.

Sincerely,

An OS poster with nothing else to do until this stupid game comes out
Old 07-09-2005, 11:37 AM   #31
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
Not really, for several reasons

1. I'm Canadian so the game is kinda hard to get up here

2. I don't mind waiting as long as I get the game while it's (relatively) new

3. I rarely read the impressions threads and such unless there's a question I have or if there's an interesting convo going on about an aspect of the game that i'm interested in.

Of course things are a little different this year as I HAVE to take a cursory look at most threads but I don't mind.
I feel exactly the same, the excitement is still there and I can't wait to pop the game into my Xbox and start up my Dynasty with GT and start my RFTH.

Join our Discord to learn more - https://discord.gg/v8aFWkmYMT!

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.spearinteractive.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

Thanks to all of you in the thread who didn't take this the wrong way...

And, to you, Mr. Jokerace...

I'd have to say it seems to be a rather juvenile action on your part in being that you feel the need to take shots at my life in a video game related discussion. There's a reason I haven't posted here 10+ times in 6 months. I have a plenty wholesome life away from my computer and video game consoles, NCAA '06 included.

I am simply saying that knowing what I know now about the game has somewhat curbed my anticipation. I, at no point, said that I was bitter or wasn't going to buy the game because of what had happened with the release. It is just my humble opinion that having it on second-hand has somewhat diluted the "newness" of it. I can't see how that's being childish at all.

To me, speaking on regular terms it's almost the same as watching a game on ESPN Classic. Maybe I haven't even seen it the first time (and for this example, let's assume that I have not). Isn't watching the re-run of that game (ie. second-fiddle, as which I've made a previous allusion) less exciting than anticipating the live contest?

I'm sorry that some of you on here feel the need to call others out unnecessarily, and that's probably why I don't have 5000 posts. But thank you to all who took the time to read the thread (or give a legitimate answer). Those of you who feel the need to criticize my personal life probably need to stop taking these boards so seriously.

Thanks again to the (majority of) posters that contribute to the wholesome fun here at Operation Sports.

Last edited by MFootball; 07-09-2005 at 05:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »