Home

Guys I have been reading and reading a lot of your posts here

This is a discussion on Guys I have been reading and reading a lot of your posts here within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 07:09 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Guys I have been reading and reading a lot of your posts here

and I keep hearing that the game did not meet my expectations and that the gameplay has to many bugs and etc and etc but I want to know what is it about the gameplay that you dont like.

For me the gameplay is almost perfect, i mean i have a blast playing on heisman with my sliders cuz the cpu calls better plays and runs a lot more. just yesterday i played with miami vs v-tech and the hokies had marcus vick run for 125 yards on 15 carries.. and their running back Humes ran for 100 on 16 carries. Vick had only 88 passing yards but thats cuz i strapped down on my pass defense in practice mode. I know that on-line its real hard to sometimes stop the deep ball. but that is why i try and play ball control and hopefully not get beat by player and after the game i just block him. I got 7 blocks of people already that are not sim players.

but i just love the gameplay this year. Like i had said before the graphics are sharper and smoother and the stadium lighting is incredible. i love the animations that i have seen and those animations make the gameplay flow much nicer

i hear people that want to return the game cuz the dynasty sim is all out of whack with qb's having big numbers. but i dont care about all that. I just care about my team and winning championships and recruting the big talent to miami

Yester day i had that game vs v-tech and it was vs the cpu. on heisman in v-techs home so you know that place was jumping.

but i had trouble running the ball and that is my best skill. on-line i average about 250 yards rushing cuz thats mostly what i do. i barely pass cuz most times i play away and the crowd noise throws me off. lol

but v-tech shut me down. i had 22 carries for only 55 yards.

but my passing was good. i was 14-29 for 300 yards and 2 touch downs. and i had my first punt return for a t.d in heisma level. d-hetser got one good block and down the sideline he went.. lol

the reason i won is cuz i kept v-tech to all fg cuz they could not complete a pass. but the game before that florida torched me for 347 passing yard by leak. and most of his passes were curls and slants. a few deep ones but not many.

i just has trouble covering 5 wideouts for some reason..

but i just want to know why so many people have grips with the gameplay.. i think is the best gameplay ever..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Guys I have been reading and reading a lot of your posts here

I wouldnt say expectations only includes gameplay. I can definitely see the inflated QB stats as a real problem for a lot of people that like simming dynastys or at least getting a sembelence of accurate sim stats, and that could lead to the game not meeting their expectations. Especially since you would expect that the qb stats would be fine since they were last year.

I saw some post on the official board that said the guy simmed a season and 25 QB's broke the record for passing efficiency in a season. TWENTY FIVE thats a pretty incredible oversight
Old 07-15-2005, 07:52 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
Especially since you would expect that the qb stats would be fine since they were last year.
Except they weren't okay last year. EA went from one end to another. Last year they were low, this year they are high.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:54 AM   #4
Banned

oh really? i know in user played games the passing was absymal, but wasnt aware it was bad in simmed stats. Even so, definitely not as glaring as this year, in the sim department
Old 07-15-2005, 08:00 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

From what I remember last year the simmed stats were in the 50%'s for most guys. Although who knows, I could be smoking something and be completely wrong. But I think I remember it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 08:06 AM   #6
Banned

im always smoking something and for some reason i remember that most of the qbs in the big ten would have ~60% , of course i could be and probably am wrong. As far as yards and tds and all that, i dont know cause i dont know the numbers in college football very well. growing up in chicago, college football basically gets no love its all NFL so im wayyyyy more familiar with what constitutes a good year in the NFL than in college
Old 07-15-2005, 08:11 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
I wouldnt say expectations only includes gameplay. I can definitely see the inflated QB stats as a real problem for a lot of people that like simming dynastys or at least getting a sembelence of accurate sim stats, and that could lead to the game not meeting their expectations. Especially since you would expect that the qb stats would be fine since they were last year.

I saw some post on the official board that said the guy simmed a season and 25 QB's broke the record for passing efficiency in a season. TWENTY FIVE thats a pretty incredible oversight

to me people that are buying the game for stats and things like that should be a pc game that does those things. i buy ncaa and madden for gamaplay purposes. i just dont get why people just want to sim season and nothing more. that is boring and not worth 50 bucks... they have that type of game for pc that they can just go look at stats from sim games. this is ncaa football where we want to play football. and the percentage of people that are into the sim part only is very small. i just dont see how an inflated qb ratings makes the game non playable. thats just absurd
Old 07-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

Same here man. I grew up in KC so you can imagine with the Chiefs, there isn't much else to follow. I never really got into CFB, still aren't, I just love the video games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »