Home

This game is almost unplayable.....(passing)

This is a discussion on This game is almost unplayable.....(passing) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
This game is almost unplayable.....(passing)

the damn thing is ruining the game. on AA, long ball is way to easy for both sides. on Heisman, my WR actually has the CB beat (unlike in AA when they would catch in double converage) and the CPU has my CB beat (unlike AA) and they cant even catch it. They still fail to go back to NCAA 2004, where the gameplay was wide open, like real college football. The damn Lb's block or intercept (mostly INT) ever pass thats going to the middle. ****s impossible. I dont suck, i dont hate EA. its an actual problem with the game. I guess i gotta wait till Madden for the 2nd straight year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Re: This game is almost unplayable.....(passing)

Try some of the sliders in the slider forum before giving up :watogo:
Old 07-16-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
Banned

i was using Jistics AA sliders (long ball too easy) and then some guys (the ppl in the thread called him AA) Heisman sliders (long ball too hard). No matter what the short passing game is non-existant. Its really pissing me off, since Maurice Drew went to the NFL so im stuck without an impact RB to at least get me 3 TD's and 200 yards to give me a chance at winning.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #4
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

You are right.

You should just stop playing and sell the game back to EB.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Keep tweaking the sliders until you find a set that works best for how YOU play the game. The slider sets posted on the forum work best for the author that CREATED them. Most will tell you straight up that the sliders are just a guideline and that there might be some aspects you'll want to change to make the game play better for you.

For example, I'm using AA's Heisman sliders. After 5 games of my FSU Dynasty, I dropped down CPU INT from 80 to 70 and lowered Human RB Ability from 50 to 40. I also upped CPU Pass Block from 15 to 30. The reason? I felt the CPU defense was too aggressive on pass plays and would come up with 3-5 INT's a game and the deep ball was close to impossible to complete. Now I can hit 1-3 a game, which is realistic, especially for FSU. RB Ability was lowered because my RB was averaging well over 8 yards per carry. CPU Block was increased because I was getting too many sacks. Now I get somewhere from 2-5 a game and that feels right. The second half of my Dynasty played better FOR ME and these will be the sliders I stick with for a while, unless I see something that I think I should change.

So I'd say keep playing around with the sliders until you get them to where you are comfortable. This is a great game IMO.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 06:06 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by persay
the damn thing is ruining the game. on AA, long ball is way to easy for both sides. on Heisman, my WR actually has the CB beat (unlike in AA when they would catch in double converage) and the CPU has my CB beat (unlike AA) and they cant even catch it. They still fail to go back to NCAA 2004, where the gameplay was wide open, like real college football. The damn Lb's block or intercept (mostly INT) ever pass thats going to the middle. ****s impossible. I dont suck, i dont hate EA. its an actual problem with the game. I guess i gotta wait till Madden for the 2nd straight year.
2004 had the same problem with the long ball, in fact offense as a whole was way to easy in that game. Its a big problem, but 2004 definitely wasnt like real college football.

But still, if you like 2004 better, just play that.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:16 PM   #7
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by persay
i was using Jistics AA sliders (long ball too easy) and then some guys (the ppl in the thread called him AA) Heisman sliders (long ball too hard). No matter what the short passing game is non-existant. Its really pissing me off, since Maurice Drew went to the NFL so im stuck without an impact RB to at least get me 3 TD's and 200 yards to give me a chance at winning.
I had the same problem with the intermediate passing game. Try turning awareness all the way down to zero.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:23 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
Keep tweaking the sliders until you find a set that works best for how YOU play the game. The slider sets posted on the forum work best for the author that CREATED them. Most will tell you straight up that the sliders are just a guideline and that there might be some aspects you'll want to change to make the game play better for you.

For example, I'm using AA's Heisman sliders. After 5 games of my FSU Dynasty, I dropped down CPU INT from 80 to 70 and lowered Human RB Ability from 50 to 40. I also upped CPU Pass Block from 15 to 30. The reason? I felt the CPU defense was too aggressive on pass plays and would come up with 3-5 INT's a game and the deep ball was close to impossible to complete. Now I can hit 1-3 a game, which is realistic, especially for FSU. RB Ability was lowered because my RB was averaging well over 8 yards per carry. CPU Block was increased because I was getting too many sacks. Now I get somewhere from 2-5 a game and that feels right. The second half of my Dynasty played better FOR ME and these will be the sliders I stick with for a while, unless I see something that I think I should change.

So I'd say keep playing around with the sliders until you get them to where you are comfortable. This is a great game IMO.

thank you.....i will try that. you seemed to have the same problems i did. adp thanx for you input also.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »