Home

Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

This is a discussion on Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?
Yes 182 86.26%
No, I am playing Madden now 23 10.90%
No, I am playing another game now 6 2.84%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2005, 10:31 AM   #49
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

my last purchase of madden was 2000. it will be my last purchase of madden.

I do not care for the nfl much, but I do love college football... so ncaa 2006 will remain a mainstay in my ps2 until i decide to get an xbox 360 or a ps3

Last edited by longhorn35; 08-13-2005 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:37 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Madden is a much better sim. i played on default all pro sliders and had a hell of a game...on the contrary in NCAA you have to get the sliders right for there to be any element of realism. last night i made the comment that it was more like arena football then the real thing.

however..NCAA makes you feel much more part of the game. they do a great job at simulating a live game atmosphere. I also love the recruiting process more then the draft in Madden. You've got many more options. The crowd in Madden is still lifeless. I hate that.

NcAA is still a great game. You've got tons of options when running a Dynasty..you can try to return ND back to glory..take a small time school, run with a weak BCS team..in Madden you obviously don't have the depth in teams. if you want a sucky team you are relegated to only a few squads.

I bought NCAA and will probably keep my Kent St. dynasty and then buy madden on the 360
Old 08-15-2005, 10:29 AM   #51
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Thumbs up Re: Who is still playing NCAA now that Madden is out?

I luv 2006, especially Dynasty mode. Though wish they come out with an update to lessen the amount of deep balls thrown and completed.

As far Madden, bleh! 2K5>Madden

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2005, 10:33 AM   #52
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles32789
I have to disagree. Guys such as John Madden, Howard Cosell, and Al Michaels are well-known and famous for a reason. Commentary and play-by-play is an integral part of football. Sure, you could turn it off, but then you are left with crowd noise and whistles. To me, the gameplay in NCAA is similar enough to Madden that I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. As for equipment and skin color, I could care less. Heck, I don't even care that the commentary repeats itself. What bothers me is the horrible editing between the phrases and the team names, player names, and player numbers.
Al Michaels is well known for his call during the Miracle on Ice - that's his claim to fame at this point. He's a very good football commentator but he didn't become famous for it.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #53
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I haven't played NCAA since I got Madden, but I plan on playing some soon. I haven't been able to play Madden all that much either.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:18 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am a huge college football fan like most of you, but I haven't touched NCAA since Madden was released. There is so much going on in Madden pre-snap, and you really have to think and adjust your style of play as the game goes on. I personally think NFL football is boring as heck, but Madden has me hooked. I play on the PS2 and the slowdown in NCAA was ruining the experience for me. Not to mention that stupid HB pass to QB for a fumble three times a game, and the multiple punt returns for touchdowns every game.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:26 PM   #55
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Im still playin my road for the hiesman..when i finish i might start playin madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #56
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm still playing NCAA and lovin' it. Actually the only reason I'm playing Madden is because a friend and I have started an online Franchise. Otherwise, I'd probably be playing NCAA only. Although, I'm not really a Madden fan and haven't been for awhile, I'd say this is the best Madden to come out in a couple of years. I just can't get into it like I do with NCAA '06.

I just love the way NCAA plays. It's just more exciting... More big plays. I've had a variety of games: tight defensive battles, high scoring games, blowouts, etc. I love the fact that I have to focus and gameplan against the IMPACT PLAYERS, which is the best "new feature" in any football game... much better than PASSING CONE in Madden, IMHO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »