Home

IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

This is a discussion on IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #281
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: IGN NCAA '07 XBOX360: FIRST LOOK

I'd be surprised if NCAA and Madden '07 on the 360 aren't a big step up. Madden 360 was so clearly unfinished. No camara angles, tinny "radio" play-by-play, barebones presentation, and player interaction that is in serious need of fine tuning (super dives, etc.). The '07 titles are going to be my measuring stick for the future. EA has had more time to polish the next gen engine and give us a better look at where they're headed. I'm staying optimistic. E3 can't get here fast enough.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #282
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Are you out of your mind, the first madden on the PS2 was one of the most groundbreaking games ever at the time. Don't ever compare madden 360 to Madden 2001 for the PS2. Blasphemer!
Madden 2001 had a huge upgrade in graphics from the PS1-era, but I thought it's most distinguishing feature was that they implemented a momentum system. It felt like steering a truck, but it was an attempt to implement something groundbreaking that would affect other sports games. Outside of that though, I didn't feel compelled to own it (it's the one Madden I never owned).

Well, gotta throw in two now that I think about it - I didn't buy Madden 360 either. And it had nothing to distinguish itself.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #283
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
Are you out of your mind, the first madden on the PS2 was one of the most groundbreaking games ever at the time. Don't ever compare madden 360 to Madden 2001 for the PS2. Blasphemer!

The First madden on the PS2 set the bar so high, which inturn made the 360 version such a let down.

You are 100% correct. The first Madden for the PS2 was a true "Next Gen" game. When you first popped that baby into the console; you were in football heaven. This Madden 360 crap was all hype. The graphics are good, but they are not ground breaking enough to discount all of the problems with the game. In my opinion, the graphics are not as good as they hyped it up to be (gameplay graphics). "Polished turd" LOL.

Last edited by Juggernaut XX; 04-25-2006 at 02:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »