Home

I'm not sure I like this...

This is a discussion on I'm not sure I like this... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2006, 12:45 AM   #1
Rookie

GatorBait's Arena

OVR: 4

The momentum system for current gen actually sounds pretty good (+1 rating for your team for every 20% of the momentum bar that is full), but the next gen implementation of the momentum system sounds a little questionable:

From EA:
Quote:
Exclusively on Xbox 360, you will find that momentum is tied in very closely with the new Jump the Snap mechanics. As your momentum increases, you will have better opportunities to get a great jump off the line if you time it right.
If you have momentum on your side could it mean sack after sack after sack - only causing the momentum to go up further? Will we be at the mercy of cheesers who will be able to abuse this? I hope not.

With all the news that is coming out, it sounds like this isn't a very good year (NCAA-wise) to be a 360 owner. Does the 360 have backwards capability for Xbox games? I was thinking of picking up a 360, but I doubt I would prefer the next-gen NCAA over current gen after everything I've been hearing lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 01:47 AM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I'm not sure I like this...

I hope they just let you turn momentum off all together.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:18 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
could it mean sack after sack after sack
Oh come on, dont be so dramatic... youre talking about ONE TINY BUMP in the ratings... you ACTUALLY think that is enough to turn a team into a POWERHOUSE you cant stop?
Old 05-24-2006, 04:55 AM   #4
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckym
Oh come on, dont be so dramatic... youre talking about ONE TINY BUMP in the ratings... you ACTUALLY think that is enough to turn a team into a POWERHOUSE you cant stop?
Well, if it didnt really cap out after a while and kept building, and if it lasted for to long despite a few plays against you, it could be a big difference.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:58 AM   #5
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I think you misread.....he said the +1 system sounds pretty good, but he said the "jump the snap" feature based on momentum for the 360 could become too easy to abuse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2006, 05:02 AM   #6
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

My mistake, thanks.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:52 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 7

The +1 feature sounds good (Ive been thinking they should add +5 automatically to every home team for a long, long time).

However, why the hell did they decide that when you have momentum it makes jumping the snap easier??? Where is the logic? I can see better performance, more aggressive animations, etc., but why is jumping the snap abiltiy specificially targeted when you have momentum.

What was wrong with just giving the +1 boosts and having gamers try to jump as usual?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:35 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

I say why add BS stuff like this anyway. At some point they have to stop adding things that can be abused by the online sports gaming killer: The Cheeser. Did they really need a "Jump the Snap" feature? There are quite a few great players online who have mastered line play without the need for gimmicks. All this feature is going to do is add to the cheese line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »