Home

Can we IMPORT our OLD Dynasty??

This is a discussion on Can we IMPORT our OLD Dynasty?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2006, 08:22 AM   #9
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Can we IMPORT our OLD Dynasty??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I wasn't talking about you, i was talking about Lisa_Bonami, the person who started the thread.

And this feature would not be possible at least this year I don't believe because they have added attributes to players so the data wouldn't transfer over, the players would be missing key attributes.
Yeah, I was just saying I didn't think the original post was trolling although I do agree it's not something you can expect across systems.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #10
Rookie

TheDeuce's Arena

OVR: 3

It doesn't seem like something they would be inclined to worry about but it would be a really nice feature. I always hate having to restart dynasties.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:39 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeuce
It doesn't seem like something they would be inclined to worry about but it would be a really nice feature. I always hate having to restart dynasties.
they do need to add this though IMO, but i doubt they ever will because they want to try to separate new games from old games..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
they do need to add this though IMO, but i doubt they ever will because they want to try to separate new games from old games..

I actually think it would be MORE of a selling feature that would incline people to go out and buy the newer version knowing that all their career efforts would not be lost.

I imagine there are many people out there that are always a bit reserved about buying the newer version because they have vested so much time in the previous year's game with their frachise and dont want to have to start it all over. Hey , I think this should be a standard feature. If they have the ability to allow you to import your NCAA graduates into Madden, they should certainly allow you to import your older dynasties into newer versions of the game

So they've added new attributes, I'm sure in this day and age, they can design some sort of reasonably intelligent conversion algorithm that would realistically import into the newer game and generate these new player ratings along with the old ones...c'mon gimme a break!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
I actually think it would be MORE of a selling feature that would incline people to go out and buy the newer version knowing that all their career efforts would not be lost.

I imagine there are many people out there that are always a bit reserved about buying the newer version because they have vested so much time in the previous year's game with their frachise and dont want to have to start it all over. Hey , I think this should be a standard feature. If they have the ability to allow you to import your NCAA graduates into Madden, they should certainly allow you to import your older dynasties into newer versions of the game

So they've added new attributes, I'm sure in this day and age, they can design some sort of reasonably intelligent conversion algorithm that would realistically import into the newer game and generate these new player ratings along with the old ones...c'mon gimme a break!
I'm the guy who spent about 6 months and worked on Cowboys rosters for classic PS2 teams. I spent so much time working on them it was time for the new Madden game to come out. Then all my roster work was .......wasted. So I know what you mean.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-26-2006, 06:13 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

How is this a troll post? This is a perfectly good idea that would be an excellent feature (maybe not as feasible if you're talking current to next gen, but on the same console the save should be transferable). Implementing a feature to continue your profile from year to year would be great as well and even easier to add.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:20 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 6

I look forward to starting my dynasty all over agin, bc by the time im in my 10th season all the teams have changed too much to recongize. I like starting all over I dont think I would ever continue my dynasty on another season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2006, 08:13 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
And this feature would not be possible at least this year I don't believe because they have added attributes to players so the data wouldn't transfer over, the players would be missing key attributes.
Are you sure ODogg about those new attributes? I was under the impression that only the 360 was getting the new attributes and that current gen would be under the same system as last year. I hope I'm wrong but I haven't read that current gen is getting that upgrade. I wish they would use all of the new ratings like accuracy (short, medium and deep) in NFL Head Coach rather than just some of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »