Home

6/26/06-New screens and movies

This is a discussion on 6/26/06-New screens and movies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #113
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 6/26/06-New screens and movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimperley
I'm offended by this post. I come here for some information and a mod is slamming people who are a reason the site is around. Nice avatar for when the kiddies are online also.
Another website of your choice is but a back arrow away.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 06-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #114
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTigLSU
Its not about letting EA off easy and not holding them accountable for making a complete game. But come on.... I could see if all the face masks in the game were hot pink then I could see the big deal.

I think people raise thier expectations to the point that it could only go down hill. So if you are let down about the face mask color of Anytown University already...... you might as well pull the trigger now.
Hey I'm sure there will be a lot of people let down this year... from having the wrong color facemasks, to not having their stadium or neutral stadium (Cotton Bowl) in game. Feeling let down is one thing, but being dramatic and saying "I won't buy the game because of it" are a different story.

To each his own.... what some people find petty... others find disappointing. In last year's Madden 360, the 49ers were on the wrong sideline. As a fan, you notice these things. Not a game killer, but it did bug me seeing them on the visitors sideline. As minor as it was, it was just another thing that added to why I didn't like last year's Madden 360. Now, had I thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay and other aspects of the game, I would have overlooked this flaw and hoped that it would be fixed in the future.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:29 PM   #115
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
Ok let me say im sorry first. Next im not saying they are missing any money. Im saying they are not putting out the best product to the best of their abilites. I just feel as though they have gotten lazy or laxed when it comes to the sports titles.
You have no reason to apologize and I wasn't talking to you per se. Just in general.

I don't disagree with you, but think about a few things that kind of make EA damned if you do, damned if you don't...

For example, if EA rewrites code from the ground up, but has to leave out some features because writing code from scratch is not as easy as starting with existing code. The same people that would be bitching if they "ported" old code would be bitching about the missing features.

I also don't believe that EA and their teams are being lazy or not putting out their best efforts. I think they are ever evolving. Taking on new features. Taking on new systems. That's growth.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2006, 01:32 PM   #116
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
To each his own.... what some people find petty... others find disappointing. In last year's Madden 360, the 49ers were on the wrong sideline. As a fan, you notice these things. Not a game killer, but it did bug me seeing them on the visitors sideline.
That's not being a "fan", that's being nit picky and over critical. I've been to a hundred plus Lions games and I'm a season ticket holder... I couldn't tell you what side of the field they stand on without thinking about it for a minute. Does that mean I'm not a fan?

Old 06-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #117
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
That's not being a "fan", that's being nit picky and over critical. I've been to a hundred plus Lions games and I'm a season ticket holder... I couldn't tell you what side of the field they stand on without thinking about it for a minute. Does that mean I'm not a fan?
Is there some type of rule book that says what being a "fan" is all about. I obviously didn't get it. Yeah, it may be nit picky because I noticed it and it bugged me. But I don't think it's being over critical. I never said I would not buy the game because of this reason. One can say that complaining about any number of things about the game including aspects of gameplay is being nitpicky and over critical. Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it doesn't bother others.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #118
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
You have no reason to apologize and I wasn't talking to you per se. Just in general.

I don't disagree with you, but think about a few things that kind of make EA damned if you do, damned if you don't...

For example, if EA rewrites code from the ground up, but has to leave out some features because writing code from scratch is not as easy as starting with existing code. The same people that would be bitching if they "ported" old code would be bitching about the missing features.

I also don't believe that EA and their teams are being lazy or not putting out their best efforts. I think they are ever evolving. Taking on new features. Taking on new systems. That's growth.

Thats just it... EA adds things all the time... geared towards the people who enjoy madden as is but need a reason to purchase the new version each year. The people who want EA to make big changes to the game engine will be on the outside looking in because if you aint broke why fix it.... somebody must enjoy it, looking at the sales numbers.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #119
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike69
Yeah fellas...

The commentary on the, seemingly inconsequential, graphical details are being taken too far! Man, I'm almost 40 years old, and I don't have the time, patience, or interest to be concerned with sock color, helmet design, etc...no offense intended.
These boards are really enlightening and all, but sometimes the comments are ridiculous. Many have suggested this before, but the game hasn't been played by 99.9% of us yet. I buy this game and play this game to enjoy it...not to analyze it to death!
Really though, I cannot see how graphics can be a game killer on Next Gen hardware. Remember Atari 2600.......
The following are definately game killers for me:
1. Online connectivity issues (ala College Hoops 2K6 for 360).
2. Flawed AI that allows too many glitches (i.e., unstoppable money plays).
3. Poor animation system.
4. Poor user controls.

To each, his own (I suppose).
My thoughts on this issue waiver, because I can see where both sides are coming from. However, I like your post a lot. The problem is, you have this little thing called "perspective" that many people on these boards don't have.

I sit here and remember what graphics used to be like on Nintendo or Super Nintendo, when player faces and cumulative dirt didn't even exist. Now we DO have those things, and I think people lose sight of how barebones the details used to be.

What's sad is I had a BLAST playing the SNES Maddens (as did many others I'm sure), and those were no where NEAR producing a "sim" experience. It makes me wonder how many of the contributors on these boards ever even had fun with videogames 15+ years ago...

Old 06-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #120
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Is there some type of rule book that says what being a "fan" is all about. I obviously didn't get it. Yeah, it may be nit picky because I noticed it and it bugged me. But I don't think it's being over critical. I never said I would not buy the game because of this reason. One can say that complaining about any number of things about the game including aspects of gameplay is being nitpicky and over critical. Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't mean it doesn't bother others.
I'm sorry, did I miss the part where I don't get an opinion? I said it was nit picky... you conceded it was nit picky. So why the debate?

I also never said it shouldn't bother people because it doesn't bother me... simply that those people were nit picky and over critical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »