Home

6/26/06-New screens and movies

This is a discussion on 6/26/06-New screens and movies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2006, 11:10 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: 6/26/06-New screens and movies

For the first time, not impressed. OSU vs Michigan video 1. Linebacker logic = DUMB. One of the OLB's slides inside because he's manned up on the FB. He slides inside and follows the FB when the play is ran directly at him.
Second the MLB PASSIVELY sits there and waits for the offensive tackle to come and kill him. This is exactly what I am afraid of in Madden too. Look you are not going to pancake a guy that sees you coming at him like that. Use your arm length to keep the blocker out of your chest or take him on with your inside shoulder. It happens in current gen too so I can't run there and escape it.

What this tells me is only the defensive line has gap assignments everyone else just freelances when it is man coverage. That's probably the reason why the people who had a near final build complained about big runs. Looks like zone coverage might be the way to go in this game the majority of the time. This same thing happened in NFL 2k4. OLB would be manned up on the TE. If the TE went inside on a down block the OLB would go inside and wala, Outside = Wide Open. But in that game I could fix that with the game plan assignments and still run a man coverage defense and stop the run. No game plan assignments here. Zone coverage all the way man.

Last edited by LBzrule; 06-27-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2006, 11:11 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
For the first time, not impressed. OSU vs Michigan video 1. Linebacker logic = DUMB. One of the OLB's slides inside because he's manned up on the FB. He slides inside and follows the FB when the play is ran directly at him.
Second the MLB PASSIVELY sits there and waits for the offensive tackle to come and kill him. This is exactly what I am afraid of in Madden too. Look you are not going to pancake a guy that sees you coming at him like that. Use your arm length to keep the blocker out of your chest or take him on with your inside shoulder. It happens in current gen too so I can't run there and escape it.
you have too much football knowledge to ever enjoy any of these games. you need to get yourself a good text sim i think lbz. sorry to be a buzzkill but that troy smith pic has ruined me today.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-27-2006, 11:14 AM   #67
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
So, if he wants the game to look accurate, he's not concerned with how it plays? Yeah, I see your logic.
Actually you dont see his logic. He's saying he doesnt want to buy the game because of a facemask. A facemask! Not because of bad AI or missing features or the game freezing but because the color of the facemask is off.

And people wonder why EA (and most video game companies) dont cater to us hardcore gamers. EA could have made the greatest college football game ever gameplay wise and certain gamers on this site will refuse to buy it because of a helmet or a facemask. We claim we want great gameplay but in the end helmets, shoes and nike logos mean more to some of us.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #68
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
So, if he wants the game to look accurate, he's not concerned with how it plays? Yeah, I see your logic.
Reading is fundamental.

What I said was that if the color of a facemask is enough to make someone who has basically lived in the NCAA forum for the last month to go from "full throttle to a big letdown" then they clearly are more interested in looking at the colors than playing the game.

Thanks for playing though.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 06-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #69
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Actually you dont see his logic. He's saying he doesnt want to buy the game because of a facemask. A facemask! Not because of bad AI or missing features or the game freezing but because the color of the facemask is off.

And people wonder why EA (and most video game companies) dont cater to us hardcore gamers. EA could have made the greatest college football game ever gameplay wise and certain gamers on this site will refuse to buy it because of a helmet or a facemask. We claim we want great gameplay but in the end helmets, shoes and nike logos mean more to some of us.
I'll take it a step further than that, Aaron.

I contend that 90% of people who THINK they are hardcore sports gamers are the people who call sock color and facemask color GAMEKILLERS and they make them "quessy".

THAT is not a hardcore sports gamer... that's a wanna be interior decorator.

Hardcore sports gamers play games that play the best sports games... not the best looking.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 06-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #70
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
I'll take it a step further than that, Aaron.

I contend that 90% of people who THINK they are hardcore sports gamers are the people who call sock color and facemask color GAMEKILLERS and they make them "quessy".

THAT is not a hardcore sports gamer... that's a wanna be interior decorator.

Hardcore sports gamers play games that play the best sports games... not the best looking.

Stop it Clay half the membership of the site just hung themselves.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #71
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

In Madden 360 they messed up a few bears things:

Stadium is nowhere close to what it looks like in real life. ( It has something to do with EA and the guys at Soldiers field though)

And theres no "GSH" on there sleeves.

Not a big deal, but its the same as a discolored facemask..Live with it.

Last edited by Kevin26385; 06-27-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2006, 11:26 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Well if they have post snap playmaker run commit, maybe that will fix the linebackers. I dunno.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »