Home

Official "Who has it?, Where did you get it?, When will it arrive?" Thread

This is a discussion on Official "Who has it?, Where did you get it?, When will it arrive?" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 PM   #41
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Official "Who has it?, Where did you get it?, When will it arrive?" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpajak
Well I had a close call in getting a copy today at the local TRU. I go in and they have a soccer mom working the videogames..THANK YOU LORD!!!

She leaves to help someone else so I scope out behind the counter and on top of the gamecase and saw what I thought were copies of 07 for 360, xbox and ps2. So I go and get her and ask like a dummy "Can I have a copy of NCAA football 07 for xbox 360 please?" shes like..sure. At this point i can just imagine holding it and getting to play it..She goes to the counter and grabs a copy then stops. She looks at it and then tells me that these are display boxes and they were putting them away.

Of course now im crushed but on Monday or Tuesday I know exactly where to go and try it again. She didnt even mention a street date or seem to know there is one. If thoes copies were not empty displays......
Oh God... I'm so going to TRU then!

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpajak
Well I had a close call in getting a copy today at the local TRU. I go in and they have a soccer mom working the videogames..THANK YOU LORD!!!

She leaves to help someone else so I scope out behind the counter and on top of the gamecase and saw what I thought were copies of 07 for 360, xbox and ps2. So I go and get her and ask like a dummy "Can I have a copy of NCAA football 07 for xbox 360 please?" shes like..sure. At this point i can just imagine holding it and getting to play it..She goes to the counter and grabs a copy then stops. She looks at it and then tells me that these are display boxes and they were putting them away.

Of course now im crushed but on Monday or Tuesday I know exactly where to go and try it again. She didnt even mention a street date or seem to know there is one. If thoes copies were not empty displays......

where is your local TRU at?? i live in Cary, NC. and ill be checkin all the stores around here. especially the TRU in crossroads...
Old 07-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 5

why are you guys even trying? stores aren't gonna have them till monday at the earliest. im gonna go tuesday afternoon.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazersin2k3
why are you guys even trying? stores aren't gonna have them till monday at the earliest. im gonna go tuesday afternoon.
Tuesday afternoon?

Why does EA website says in stores 12 days?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:30 AM   #45
Rookie

Townie33's Arena

OVR: 8
Icon6 Re: Official "Who has it?, Where did you get it?, When will it arrive?" Thread

I have to admit, I love reading these posts. You guys are a riot. Hope does spring eternal. I did score a couple of early copies last year like many of you by getting an unsuspecting high school kid to get me a copy out from the storeroom in a Target. "Yes, I just saw those in the back a couple of minutes ago. I don't know why they're not in the display case. I'll go get you one." Last evening I decided to go out and make some "rounds" to see what I could find. My first stop was my local EBgames store. I buy all my stuff there so I feel the manager would give it too me straight. I simply asked upon arrival why he didn't have NCAA '07 playing as the demo. (especially since many here on the boards have stated that EBgames have them already) He said, "Man, are you kiddin'! We don't have them yet. If we did it would be up and runnin' and you and I both would be playin'." Simple enough. I figure if EBgames didn't have it yet why waste my time runnin' around looking elsewhere. But it sure is fun reading about the possibilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 09:02 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie33
I have to admit, I love reading these posts. You guys are a riot. Hope does spring eternal. I did score a couple of early copies last year like many of you by getting an unsuspecting high school kid to get me a copy out from the storeroom in a Target. "Yes, I just saw those in the back a couple of minutes ago. I don't know why they're not in the display case. I'll go get you one." Last evening I decided to go out and make some "rounds" to see what I could find. My first stop was my local EBgames store. I buy all my stuff there so I feel the manager would give it too me straight. I simply asked upon arrival why he didn't have NCAA '07 playing as the demo. (especially since many here on the boards have stated that EBgames have them already) He said, "Man, are you kiddin'! We don't have them yet. If we did it would be up and runnin' and you and I both would be playin'." Simple enough. I figure if EBgames didn't have it yet why waste my time runnin' around looking elsewhere. But it sure is fun reading about the possibilities.
If the Admins for the game fansites, like Operation Sports, dont have a copy of the game to preview, then it isnt in the stores yet. IMO
Old 07-08-2006, 09:10 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Oh God... I'm so going to TRU then!
You DO realize that this lady doesn't work at EVERY Toys'R'Us, don't you?
Old 07-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #48
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I swear, you guys are gonna cost some poor soccer mom her job.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »