Home

The game blatantly cheats on Heisman

This is a discussion on The game blatantly cheats on Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #1
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9
The game blatantly cheats on Heisman

Before you read this, realize that all my points are being made after playing about 25 games so far. Here's what I have observed on Heisman.

No matter what the CPU's defensive lineman ratings are, your best offensive linemen WILL end up on their back more often than a drunk Paris Hilton. Unacceptable. My stud, all ACC offensive tackle shouldn't be steamrolled by a 260 pound DE, just because he "Jumped the snap". Just one example of a bogus feature skewing the difficulty curve.

Impact Defensive players fly around like they have a motor on their ***. How can a 87 speed OLB run down my 92 speed, 93 ACC running back, when fatigue has been turned off? Oh, I know why, because EA does this to artificially increase the difficulty. Completely bush league. And it doesn't even matter if the defensive player is any good, he can have an 82 rating, but as long as he's got that Impact Player under him, he's flying around.

Why is it that I can line up in the I, with a HB Dive called, and the D will be in complete "stuff the run", 9 guys in the box mode. Yet, when I call an audible, into a passing play IN THE SAME FORMATION, the CPU magically knows I have audibles into a passing play, and like clockwork, all the defensive players scatter around the field and get into an entirely new, "Stop the pass" formation and play? They do the same thing on punts and fake punts. 100% of the time I line up to punt, the D lines up in the punt return. The 1 time out of 100 I line up in the fake (and it doesn't matter if it's 4th and inches or 4th and 30), the special teams is in their "guard against a fake" formation. It's completely ridiculous.

After seeing these issues in the game for the 3rd or 4th year in a row, I have finally decided to end my love affair with this franchise. If EA refuses to make a football game with a hard difficulty that isn't full of blatant cheating, then I refuse to support them by purchasing their game in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The game blatantly cheats on Heisman

Most of your points are true, but I'd still rather play on Heisman cause AA isn't even remotely a challenge.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

On Heisman there are definately some cheats you see the more you play. The run game is brutal with cheating imo. The CPU d-line is ridiculous. Jump the Snap is the worst implemented feature I have seen in awhile.

I like AA and think with sliders, it will be fine for me. My biggest problem on AA is jump the snap is ridiculously easy and I'm constantly knocking over OL. I guess I have to learn how to get a medium jump if I ever want to play as a DL on AA. Either that or max out the CPU pass block. The problem with that is your CPU teammates will never sniff the QB unless you control them.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

i dont have these problems...when running the ball dont use turbo at all.. it allows for your lineman to block better... i dont lose much with good teams and i run like 25 times for about 115

heisman is very good... i have outran the defense with Tyrone moss who is not that fast...
Old 07-24-2006, 10:24 PM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

I also enjoy challenge and have learn how to run the ball effectively as well. I do notice the Impact players acting amazing and the Jump the snap is stupid. But overall I still really enjoy the game. A couple plays a game won't deter me from playing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
Banned

I love the jump the snap feature.....for the first time ever i have been called for offsides cuz i jumped to early... its great cuz it was a big play and the crowd is loud and i get crazy hyped...

i love the jump the snap feature... i love this game... lol
Old 07-24-2006, 10:41 PM   #7
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

On heisman, lineman(both sides of the ball) have been getting blown up since '05 to inferior opposition. The JTS has made it worse but it's been there for far too long.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

just started my heisman dynasty and im noticing alot of this. I played a game agaisnt virginia tech, and 95% of my run plays got blown up the backfield becuase of guys jumping the snap. No matter how many fake snaps i tried, they never jumped early, but they always timed the real snap correctly. Made it impossible on short yardage.

the feature had promise, but the CPU is using it as cheese, plain and simple. It wasnt bad enough last year. They had to make it worse. Im still having fun, and its nice to be challenged. I just wish they would make it hard, rather than cheap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »