Home

Combination of momentum + composure too much!!!

This is a discussion on Combination of momentum + composure too much!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2006, 09:50 AM   #1
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3
Combination of momentum + composure too much!!!

The momemtum meeter by itself would be okay. Adding +5 to the team with momentum seems reasonable. But when you combine that with the stupid gimmicky composure system it becomes rediculous. If you let the away team score the first touchdown you're cooked. Way too powerful. Does anyone really look at the stupid composure thing anyway? Get rid of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
MVP

unc12003's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Combination of momentum + composure too much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
The momemtum meeter by itself would be okay. Adding +5 to the team with momentum seems reasonable. But when you combine that with the stupid gimmicky composure system it becomes rediculous. If you let the away team score the first touchdown you're cooked. Way too powerful. Does anyone really look at the stupid composure thing anyway? Get rid of it.
Ive actually found that I play better when my opponent scores first, a few examples from my UNC dynasty: 2nd year im playing South Carolina(A+ overall) they score first and go on to be up 21-10 at the half, but i dont allow them to score again and end up winning big, also 2nd year im playing ECU, they go up 14-0 and i dont let them score again and win 50-14. 1st year at Notre Dame, they go up 6-0 early, they dont score again, i win 30-6. I dont think momemtum is really a killer, it makes things difficult sometimes, but it can definitly be overcome
Old 08-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #3
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Turn off HFA.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Turn off HFA.
Can you do that on the 360 version?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #5
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

No idea, I have it on Xbox.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Can you do that on the 360 version?
HFA is not on the 360, only momentum, unlses they built something in behind the scenes they don't show.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:12 PM   #7
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Back to the original post, if the away team scores the first touchdown, you are hardly cooked (assuming you're the home team)...I've found the opposite to be true, if you fall behind on the road, you really have to fight to get back in the game.

Last night, I played against a vastly inferior Kansas team at their place and fell behind 21-3. I couldn't get momentum in my favor to save my life, everything was going their way. I stuck with my running game and just pounded it between the tackles and took the lead in the 4th quarter (and finally got full momentum, it was even prior to my go-ahead touchdown). Of course they went right down the field and scored to go up 4 with a minute and a half to go. I dinked it down the field and got the go ahead TD with 20 seconds to go on a great throw on a corner route.

Man what a game that was. It seems like when you play a rival on the road, it's much harder to gain momentum.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I've come from behind down 21-0 to win 37-34 so for me its not a big problem. I was more worried about the CPU not being able to claw back as it seems you can really blow them out sometimes. However, I was up 14-0 against Maryland in the 2nd quarter and my WR fumbled on their goalline (I thought I scored). I still had big momentum on my side but they ended up tying it in the 4th at 20-20. I won 27-20 in my new #1 greatest game as my RB caught a circle route and broke two tackles en route to a TD. I'm not convinced yet that there is a problem with too much momentum/composure. It makes it tough on the road which I like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »