Home

Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2006, 09:02 PM   #49
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official NCAA 08 Wishlist (PS2/XBox)

I love alot of these ideas, but most of them we won't get on ps2 or xbox. Next gen is the only thing that will have crowded sidelines or sportscenter in game updates.

One thing I wish they would fix is the ball placement on no huddle offense. In real life the ref sets the ball and waits for the chains to get set, but in the game the ref places the ball very quickly and the clock starts and it's impossibe to get 2 plays off in 15 seconds if it's a first down.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:00 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

How about the ability to create your own plays? Have a play editor like I've seen on older PC games (Front Page Sports 1997 comes to mind). I created an all out blitz/stunt that was totally unstoppable. NFL Head Coach has an archaic play editor, so it can be done.

Accelerated clock.

IN GAME SAVES.

How about a simple roster editor? Just go in and move players around before starting a dynasty, to take care of transfers, suspensions, players quitting, etc.

MEDICAL REDSHIRT.

Full coaching staff, including the ability of some of the graduating seniors staying on and taking a job on the staff, since not all will make it in the pros.

Have more detail on recruiting trips, such as actually showing a sit-down between the coach and the prospective recruit.

Create-a-coach.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 11

Bring back the old crowd animations, where everybody starts jumping up and down when something good happens (maybe add the other schools fans too)
It'd be cool if EA added in an animation where it shows an opposing team decked out in it's school colors jumping up and down and a fan of the home team pulls him down or something. Updated helmets with the new facemasks. In-game saves. Everything else as been covered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2006, 11:37 PM   #52
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

One last fix for a glitch that shouldn't be in the game. Too often inside the 5 yard line, you can call a play other than goalline and the CPU will line up in a goalline formation and pinch ALL of its players leaving the WRs completely uncovered. If you have a pass play called, its an automatic TD to an open WR if you want. I don't know why the CPU sells out so much in the goalline set against the run. They should still leave their CBs out on the WRs.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

1 other thing I'd like to see besides coach mode is the inclusion of more ratings. NFL HC and I hear next gen NCAA and Madden has ratings for man and zone coverage. Since I don't manually control the guys I need ratings that will give me an indication of whether I can leave a guy on an island in coverage or not. Some say look to awareness but that's not enough.

Thanks for listening!

NoleFan.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #54
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2

CPU defensive playcalling can be weird sometimes. I play on Heisman difficulty... I can convert almost every 3rd down of 20+ yards because for some reason, the CPU loves to blitz both safeties in this situation, leaving the deep ball wide open for a long conversion.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #55
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Getting RBs to play a more varied style - bangers dipping their heads, using stiff arms and breaking tackles while scat backs spin and juke a bit more. I think a lot of teams need to run the ball a bit more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #56
ddeweil

OVR:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned:

It would be nice to be able to edit your uniforms.

In-game save!!

Ability to turn off the new kick-return camera and the Jump the Snap feature.

Create-a-Play!

Last edited by ddeweil; 02-02-2007 at 01:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »