Home

In Season Recruits

This is a discussion on In Season Recruits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: In Season Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The only time I even pay attention to in-season recruiting is when I'm starting at a crappy program and I'm desperate for recruits.

Once I build my team into a powerhouse I don't even do the in-season recruiting because I've found that a majority of my busts came from there as opposed to the post season recruiting.
I'm playing as Louisiana Monroe in my dynasty, so in-season recruiting is absolutely critical. It's the only way for me to have a shot at top-tier talent. The MAJORITY of 4* players I land during in-season recruiting don't turn out to be appreciably better than the 2* guys I got in the offseason. But one or two of them invariably turn into super studs, which the 2* guys almost never do.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #10
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Is it just me or do most in-season recruits have lousy potential and discipline? I can't believe how many hooligans I have been letting into my program lately. I used to stop recruiting them once I see their discipline but I had about 6 guys targeted one time and 4 of them had poor discipline. No way I was only going to go after only 2 players. I realize they can't all be choir boys but it just seems that the better prospects in both categories are in the off-season. Maybe I have just been unlucky the last few years when selecting my 12 targets. I've had to suspend a few players this year in my otherwise squeaky clean program. Maybe its just because I'm in the ACC.
During your offseason recruiting go to "Current Targets" and check out your in-season recruits. In many cases I've seen players go from poor potential to average or good potential. I'm not sure if discipline changes, but I know potential will. I'm not really sure why.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

In-season recruiting is a great idea for NCAA FB but not the way EA did it this year. All the players are about the same and it's not realistic at all. They should let you recruit in-season just like they do in the offeseason and have soft verbals and stuff just like real life. That would make the game unbelievable. They should also have more guys not qualify like real life. Lower tier programs live off the borderline eligible guys in recruiting because that is where they take there chances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #12
MVP

edmus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKBama7
They should let you recruit in-season just like they do in the offeseason and have soft verbals and stuff just like real life.
Well, they do have soft verbals. I had one from a WR who visited USC the next week and then signed with them instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »