Home

Onside Kicks!!! The game is wrong

This is a discussion on Onside Kicks!!! The game is wrong within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2006, 08:38 AM   #1
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Onside Kicks!!! The game is wrong

When I onside kick the ball and get it before it goes ten yards, the other team gets the ball every time!!! I even review it and I get a penalty every time???!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Onside Kicks!!! The game is wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
When I onside kick the ball and get it before it goes ten yards, the other team gets the ball every time!!! I even review it and I get a penalty every time???!!!!
I'm not sure exactly what you are doing but 10 yards is the magic number. You CAN NOT touch the ball before it goes 10 yards unless the other team has touched it first. After 10 yards its fair game. If you recovered it first before 10 yards, I would expect a penalty and rekick although you only get one more chance at the onside (in the NFL at least).
Old 11-16-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

No..... I watched a game between Oklahoma and Oregon this year, and Oregon touched the ball before 10 yards and no penalty was called. They reviewed it and it still counted.

I'm just joking around. I know how the rules go, there just isn't anything left to talk about on this game IMO. We have discussed everything to the point of saying the game is racist.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
No..... I watched a game between Oklahoma and Oregon this year, and Oregon touched the ball before 10 yards and no penalty was called. They reviewed it and it still counted.

I'm just joking around. I know how the rules go, there just isn't anything left to talk about on this game IMO. We have discussed everything to the point of saying the game is racist.
That's too long ago to bring it up and expect us to remember the punchline lol. I could have at least accepted the explanation of inconclusive evidence if they were going to chicken out on that call. The fact they said an Oklahoma player touched it is what absolutely killed me. The pass interference call was brutal too. I remember switching over to that game and just watched the last few minutes. What a horrible way to lose a game.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:35 AM   #5
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's too long ago to bring it up and expect us to remember the punchline lol. I could have at least accepted the explanation of inconclusive evidence if they were going to chicken out on that call. The fact they said an Oklahoma player touched it is what absolutely killed me. The pass interference call was brutal too. I remember switching over to that game and just watched the last few minutes. What a horrible way to lose a game.
It was a while ago. I just remembered them saying that we weren't good enough anyway for that loss to matter, but we would be one of those one loss teams right now!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2006, 11:13 PM   #6
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

i have had the same problem, the only way you dont get a penalty is if the other team touches it, really sucks, cant bounce it high because of this flaw
Old 11-18-2006, 05:40 PM   #7
MVP

andybaseball2005's Arena

OVR: 16

I recovered an onside kick online once i just kicked full power and adjusted the angle to get a high bounce. The ball did hit one of there players but i still recovered it and ended up winning the game.
Old 11-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #8
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

onside kicks are a joke once you figure out the trick to it. The lightbulb went off in my head once the cpu did it to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »