Home

New videos at gametrailers.com

This is a discussion on New videos at gametrailers.com within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: New videos at gametrailers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by razcan
DE #11= Michael Bennett
RB #11= Javorski Lane

So we can use the same number twice (once on O another on D)!
Maybe this feature has been in next gen, this will be my 1st year making the switch... It definitely wasn't the case on CG.
It's Jorvorskie But I agree, hopefully we can actually assign duplicate numbers. The A&M kicker (Matt Szymanski) and QB (Stephen McGee) are both #7 in those videos as well.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:26 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The game looked like watching it on TV. It looked very smooth and good. The pot belly on that DT was great too. Current gen DTs look like LBs for the most part. The only thing that bothers me when I watch next gen videos is the speed of the game, particularly in the open field. It just seems like the players move too slow and it takes too long to get upfield.
I think that is because you are used to the current-gen players all being on speed! The next-gen players do not really move too slow, they move in a more realistic manner, and because most gamers are still used to the hyper-reactive and hyper-speedy scurrent gen game (where guys can literally run the 40 in 3.5 or less) the next-gen stuff gets unfairly labelled as "too slow".

Within about 3 drives of playing NCAA 2008, your mind starts to adapt to the game and you start being able to play it based on what is actuallyu happening on the screen versus what you are used to seeing in last-gen games....I am pretty sure that most people will like it once they get past that initial feeling...
Old 06-19-2007, 10:33 AM   #35
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

I have to be honest, I was on the fence about NCAA. These videos blow EVERYTHING we've previously seen completely out of the water. I am pretty much sold on this game based on these gameplay vids.

Only odd thing was the crowd reaction after the fumble play was reversed. They were playing @ Texas A&M, and A&M recovered a fumble. The play was reversed, yet the crowd was going crazy and started cheering after the play was reversed. You could physically see the A&M crowd jumping up and down as well. Looks like they haven't changed that, and I found that a bit annoying/off with last year's game-the whole crowd going nuts on every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I have to be honest, I was on the fence about NCAA. These videos blow EVERYTHING we've previously seen completely out of the water. I am pretty much sold on this game based on these gameplay vids.

Only odd thing was the crowd reaction after the fumble play was reversed. They were playing @ Texas A&M, and A&M recovered a fumble. The play was reversed, yet the crowd was going crazy and started cheering after the play was reversed. You could physically see the A&M crowd jumping up and down as well. Looks like they haven't changed that, and I found that a bit annoying/off with last year's game-the whole crowd going nuts on every play.
In addition to what you noticed, its too bad that a fumble recovery by the D doesnt illicit celebration. Only the guy who recovered is excited, the rest of the D goes into zombie mode and walks away.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

^ I saw that too...now there should be a lot of UT fans there, but I would think the boo's from the Aggies would outweigh the cheers from the Longhorns. Also like you said, seeing guys in Aggies colors jump up and down was weird, but hey...they ARE Aggies. =)
Old 06-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #38
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
I think that is because you are used to the current-gen players all being on speed! The next-gen players do not really move too slow, they move in a more realistic manner, and because most gamers are still used to the hyper-reactive and hyper-speedy scurrent gen game (where guys can literally run the 40 in 3.5 or less) the next-gen stuff gets unfairly labelled as "too slow".

Within about 3 drives of playing NCAA 2008, your mind starts to adapt to the game and you start being able to play it based on what is actuallyu happening on the screen versus what you are used to seeing in last-gen games....I am pretty sure that most people will like it once they get past that initial feeling...
Yeah...I was wondering that myself when I first saw some new vids, and I played a game with Auburn. Courtney Taylor was running 40 yards down the field, with the ball, in about 3.7 seconds. So I have no problems with this. Hell, Brandon Cox ran the 40 in a solid 4.6.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #39
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Anyone else having problems accessing that NCAA video? Everytime I click on that link in the first post I get the Madden video clip of Packers-Chiefs. I went directly to the Gametrailers site and clicked on each of the latest NCAA vids and still got redirected to that Madden clip. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #40
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

First TAMU play on the field goal vid. check out the center and right guard. they double the defensive tackle real quick and then the center peels off and goes after the linebacker. this is the kind of stuff that has me excited for this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »