Home

Soft Commits

This is a discussion on Soft Commits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Soft Commits

What do you guys do when you get a soft commit? Do you still call them or just wait it out? Also, if someone soft commits to another school, do you still go after them?

I see that soft commits don't usually mean anything though... I had the #6 overall player soft commit to me and then the next week he de-committed and then the next week he soft committed to LSU and the next week he soft committed to Penn State. Then eventually he hard commited to LSU during the off season. Did this guy just have a hard time making up his mind or do many recruits do that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Rookie

jayo's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Soft Commits

Quote:
What do you guys do when you get a soft commit? Do you still call them or just wait it out? Also, if someone soft commits to another school, do you still go after them?

I see that soft commits don't usually mean anything though... I had the #6 overall player soft commit to me and then the next week he de-committed and then the next week he soft committed to LSU and the next week he soft committed to Penn State. Then eventually he hard commited to LSU during the off season. Did this guy just have a hard time making up his mind or do many recruits do that?
They really don't mean anything. I've had several guys give "soft verbals" only to commit to another school. You still want to recruit them, and you can recruit them after they give a soft verbal to another school.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #3
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

If I get a soft, I always call. If they are soft, one good call will get them to be a hard the next week. So when I see soft I ALWAYS go for the kill.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:59 PM   #4
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah when I get a soft verbal. I usually get the player the next week or so. I just go in and hard sell their MOST or Very High. Usually that gets them to become giddy as we call it over here. The next week or so they are on my team.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #5
Something clever

thegoat30's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
Yeah when I get a soft verbal. I usually get the player the next week or so. I just go in and hard sell their MOST or Very High. Usually that gets them to become giddy as we call it over here. The next week or so they are on my team.
I must be looking in the wrong spot, but where do you see if they have given you a soft verbal (on 360)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoat30
I must be looking in the wrong spot, but where do you see if they have given you a soft verbal (on 360)?
When you are on your recruiting board. Push to the right untill you see offers at top of list. That is where you will see if guys have a soft verbal and it will alsot show what school they gave it to.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #7
Something clever

thegoat30's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
When you are on your recruiting board. Push to the right untill you see offers at top of list. That is where you will see if guys have a soft verbal and it will alsot show what school they gave it to.
Thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000

Soft commits in the Xbox usually never stick with the team they soft committed to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »