Home

Will we ever have realistic overthrows?

This is a discussion on Will we ever have realistic overthrows? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #17
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Will we ever have realistic overthrows?

Until we get a more user-input system (some variation like NFL Fevers Read and Lead) we won't get it. I don't want a overthrow/underthrow type system that is random etc..
I want to control where on the field to throw the ball and when. Read and Lead was the closest so far (Not including Madden on the Apple IIe or TV Sports Football-Amiga)

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #18
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Until we get a more user-input system (some variation like NFL Fevers Read and Lead) we won't get it. I don't want a overthrow/underthrow type system that is random etc..
I want to control where on the field to throw the ball and when. Read and Lead was the closest so far (Not including Madden on the Apple IIe or TV Sports Football-Amiga)
I agree with you man. I don't want random bad passes. Unless maybe an unexperienced QB is rattled or something.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:09 AM   #19
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2

This game needs a complete physics overhaul. Realistic overthrows would make this game unplayable. 95% of passes thrown hit someone in the hands (be it offense or defense) because of the way the physics are. Defenders have instant reaction time and 40" instant vertical leap in any direction no matter which way they are running, etc. Therefore every QB must be Dan Marino for offense to even come close to working in this game.

If EA made throwing more realistic, they would have to get rid of telepathic defenders and instant acceleration. That way if a WR has a couple yards of space, and no DBs running to him while the ball is in the air, it doesn't have to be a perfect throw to be completed because no DB can realistically get there that fast.

If every QB in this game wasn't Dan Marino, then every pass would get picked. If QBs weren't laser accurate on 95% of throws, none of us would be able to stand this game as it is
Old 12-11-2007, 01:13 PM   #20
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderl33t
If EA made throwing more realistic, they would have to get rid of telepathic defenders and instant acceleration.
Good point.

However that's exactly what has to happen. They got somewhat there with the latest madden update. Since that update I've had more YAC than I've ever had in a Madden game.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »