Home

Will NCAA 2010 catch up to NCAA 2000?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA 2010 catch up to NCAA 2000? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #9
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Will NCAA 2010 catch up to NCAA 2000?

One of the PS1 games had dynamic attendance. As the game became a blowout, the crowd would leave at the end of the 3rd quarter. It was sweet.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 03-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I know that's a joke, but adding the D1AA schools is just a nice feature, not really boosting or affecting sales. EA isn't stupid, they treated 1AA teams like half assed cupcakes on the ps3 version, with generic fight songs and stadiums. They were only really good for having realistic schedules. They know probably only 2% of the people buying NCAA each year even care about D1AA schools, and people have been fine with the generic 1AA teams used in schedules.

The schools aren't in because EA found out most people don't care. That's why I said that if they don't get in after the most high profile year for the division in recent time, then they never will.
Unfortunately, this is very true. It's the same reason Madden/NCAA don't get all of the presentation aspects that we'd all like to see, because in the end EA knows the great, great majority of their audience just doesn't care about these things.

If anything, all of us who frequent these message boards, talk about the pro's and con's of the game, we're nothing more than a nuisance to EA Sports. The EA Sports games (minus NHL 08) are for the casual crowd, they might as well just be Wii exclusive games. They're not for the "hardcore" gamer, no matter how much we'd all like them to be that way.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Dang Ps1 had all of these? What did I miss...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #12
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Unfortunately, this is very true. It's the same reason Madden/NCAA don't get all of the presentation aspects that we'd all like to see, because in the end EA knows the great, great majority of their audience just doesn't care about these things.

If anything, all of us who frequent these message boards, talk about the pro's and con's of the game, we're nothing more than a nuisance to EA Sports. The EA Sports games (minus NHL 08) are for the casual crowd, they might as well just be Wii exclusive games. They're not for the "hardcore" gamer, no matter how much we'd all like them to be that way.
That's why I don't understand why EA doesn't make a street version of college. You know, some powderpuff version with all the teams and mascots with all the arcade-like features. Make NCAA for the hardcore fans like us. I still can't believe they haven't made it for the PC. I've heard people requesting since 2001.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 31

Good post. I would love someone to go through the editions and do an add/subtract list of what was in and taken out of the game then repackaged.

I so want a create a play/playbook editor feature. I would pay $10 extra for that feature.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #14
R**k**

OVR: 3

We need lower division teams in the game. Honestly, I thought by now we would have Division 1AA teams as well as a playoff system for the NCAA 1AA championship (or whatever they call it now). That would give us the best of both worlds. We had the biggest upset in NCAA history and we couldn't even play it out because it was not "in the game."

But I agree that I had more fun with NCAA 2000 than any version of the game with NCAA 2004 a close second. I LOVED the playoff mode. And the sim engine was great. If a good team was in the tournament and played a higher ranked team from a lesser conference who did not play anyone all season but went undefeated, the fairytale would end. When playing and simming, for the most part the best 2 teams made the championship. If I had a good team I could win a championship, but if I scheduled my way into a high seed, I would pay for it when I played a good team.

But my expectations are a lot lower. I just want to go 2 games without a pick 6 for me or for the other team.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 25

Guys, I'm almost 99.9% sure 1-AA teams were left out again. The guy who approved the school artwork for Texas St.(1-AA) asked the EA rep what consoles the 1-AA would be for and he was told only the PS2. So either the rep was lying and clueless, or the more believable answer is that once again lazy *** EA spent time on some gimmicks they will announce later and just disregarded 1-AA as high school football level teams that no one cares about. I agree that many people after that Mich game wanted to play it out in NCAA and were surprised to see that they could only choose 1-AA southeast. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #16
Banned

slickzeus's Arena

OVR: 7

yeah i used to love the feature that the ncaa games used to have that fans would leave in the 4th quarter as the game became a blowout. Let's just say that my Hurricanes cleared out alot of stadiums...haha I miss those days...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »