Home

NCAA Football 09 Questions

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 09 Questions

Hey guys, I'll be headed out to EA Vancouver and will have the chance to play the game and interview the Producer. Please submit your questions and I'll do what I can to get them answered.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 09 Questions

1. Have the excessive interceptions, and Ints returned for TD's been fixed? Especially as it relates to throws by the CPU QB.

2. Do all the sliders actually work this year, and are they more effective as well, e.g. the penalty sliders.

3. Explain in more detail the "college specific tackling engine"

4. In Dynasty mode will the CPU be more intelligent in recruiting, for example will they have 6 CB's on the roster and 3 QB's instead of vice-versa.

5. With the emphasis on "wide open gameplay", will the User offense be virtually unstoppable especially against the CPU.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:31 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

• Will gamers be able to edit offensive and defensive player numbers separately for teams that use double numbers like USC, Florida and Texas?

• Will gamers be able to delete created players in 2009? If not, will you be able to edit that player's class after he is created?

• Will there be any additional features in creating or editing players in 2009?

Thanks
    Old 05-04-2008, 01:35 AM   #4
    All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks Steve, hope you have fun.

To EA NCAA:

Why is the presentation in the game severely lacking? The game gets boring to play after a couple of weeks and lacks the little things that will engross a gamer into getting into the game.

With the ESPN license there are so many opportunities to have pre-game, half time, post game shows, different announcing teams, etc. When will this ever be introduced in dynasty mode? Why is it still not in the game years after securing the ESPN license?

There is talk about a college atmosphere, but the video clips shown to date show a minimal amount of college atmosphere. The stadiums seems lifeless in-between plays and not as loud as you would normally hear during an exciting college football game. Care to comment on this?

Do teams have a specific style of play this year, or will all teams continue to play the same? Again dynasty gets very boring and stale as you essentially play the same team every week. Not fun.

Why are the play books smaller and less diverse on the 360/PS3 than on the last generation systems? How can this be?

The commentary is virtually the same every year, and beyond stale. Why is this never addressed?

Are there in-game overlays this year showing player and team stats?

Is a realistic challenge system in the game this year? On a given play there are different aspects of a play that can be challenged. Why does the gamer not have an option to choose what he or she wants to challenge?

Are the new NCAA clock rule changes in NCAA 09?

Will we ever see in game cutaways to highlights of other games while playing in a season or dynasty game? Madden and NHL used to have this back in the day and I loved it. With the power of the systems in this generation, why is this not included in your game?

Thanks for answering questions.
    Old 05-04-2008, 02:03 AM   #5
    MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Does the game include Cpu vs Cpu and auto throw this year?
    Advertisements - Register to remove
    Old 05-04-2008, 02:57 AM   #6
    Rookie

OVR: 7

ask about create-a-school in the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions.
    Old 05-04-2008, 03:40 AM   #7
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

In addition to what is listed above..

please touch largely on the presentation..

if you look at this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...game-show.html you'll see what i'm talking about.

1) if they're so focused on presentation this year why do we not have entrances? players on the field for warmups? players on the field for the coin flip? why not REAL players on the sidelines instead of those stupid clapping generics?

2) why do we not have more ESPN integration with ESPN style gamescore overlay? stat overlays? etc.

i would really like to know if they could add any of that this year or if not if they could really focus on it next year.

3) please remove that in-game photo snapping! i like the picture and video feature but i HATE having that freeze frame picture taken on the screen after my good plays. ask if if would be possible to have an option to turn off the freeze-frame.. not the whole feature, just the in-game freeze-frame

4) dreadlocks? are they in? if not as of now, would they be able to put them in by release?

5) sock lengths? are they editable this year?

6) any new accessories? (QB towels, hand warmers, mouthpieces (big outside of mouth Larry Johnson style), eye black, etc.)

7) will there be more than one camera angle for the game when it's released?

8) would it be too difficult to add this jersey sleeve style:

PS. have a good, safe trip Steve!

Last edited by beau21; 05-04-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Old 05-04-2008, 08:04 AM   #8
    Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Great news that OS gets to go to play the game!
    1. How does the cpu QB play? Have the INTs really been cut down and does he throw deep?
    2. How does playing defense feel like this year? Is it easier to defend the pass? Last year I would find myself in position and never be able to make a play due to the lack of momentum/weight of players.
    3. Can DEs speed rush around an OT or is the inside move still the only good move in your arsenal? Any new moves or R-Stick moves for the defensive lineman? DL play vs. OL play in pass rush situations is what I'd like to here more about.
    4. How much have they added to the playbooks this year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »