Home

Question about penalties

This is a discussion on Question about penalties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Question about penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
Yes sir I can answer your questions. I play on both AA and Heisman and I am saying no matter what I do with the sliders the CPU can't run the ball against me. I'm sorry If you don't agree and yes I sure do blast ea because I think they could do a lot better than they have. I am sorry if you don't agree - that's fine. Does it mean I am not allowed my opinions?
If you lower your break block to 0 on Heisman and raise the cpu run blocking to 100 and cpu RB ability to 100 (or 99, whatever they call the max) and they still can't run the ball with a decent yards per carry, then you must be an unbelievably good player. I'll simply tip my cap to you because if I did that on AA, they would run the ball down my throat in an even matchup.

You are entitled to your opinion but I just don't know how you can be so definitively negative towards a title you haven't played yet. Yes EA is the only company that makes college football games and they deserve to be criticized for their efforts on next gen so far. But all the guys that have played the '09 version have stated its a big step up in many areas. Will it be perfect? No, but I do think our expections have gotten a little out of control (click my sig article if you disagree).
Old 05-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #10
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I wish they would put the hit out of bounds penalty on there.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I wish they would put the hit out of bounds penalty on there.
agreed.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If you lower your break block to 0 on Heisman and raise the cpu run blocking to 100 and cpu RB ability to 100 (or 99, whatever they call the max) and they still can't run the ball with a decent yards per carry, then you must be an unbelievably good player. I'll simply tip my cap to you because if I did that on AA, they would run the ball down my throat in an even matchup.

You are entitled to your opinion but I just don't know how you can be so definitively negative towards a title you haven't played yet. Yes EA is the only company that makes college football games and they deserve to be criticized for their efforts on next gen so far. But all the guys that have played the '09 version have stated its a big step up in many areas. Will it be perfect? No, but I do think our exceptions have gotten a little out of control (click my sig article if you disagree).

My thought on exceptions is very simple. If it was in the game and worked fine one year and then have the feature or gameplay issue become a problem or the feature taken out and then added a few years later and then to act as if it (the feature) where something new...... This is not exception this is holding them accountable for something that should play fine because it has worked in the past. To add something then remove it, add it back a few years later is not exceptions either. This my friend is what makes a few of us upset at ea. There was a time when pass coverage was not as big an issue there was a time when the cpu mixed up its play calling MUCH better then now. There was a time when there was more then 3 penalties in a 10 min qt game. Exception? I think not. EA has a hard time keeping development teams together for very long mainly because they don't focus on getting something right they focus on the bottom line. Their bottom line is not gameplay its share holders and even there they are letting the public down. I have a problem when the ceo of a company gets a retirement package worth more the the budgets of a small city and yet that same company can't seem to get some basic gameplay feature right when in fact they worked fine before. So maybe some think I ask to much. As a gamer and a onetime stock holder I don't think so.

PS: Nice story
Old 05-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

I don't think this thread is about penalties anymore...

Old 05-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I don't think this thread is about penalties anymore...

LOL I was enjoying our decision though. Be good see you maybe see you online.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
LOL I was enjoying our decision though. Be good see you maybe see you online.
I don't play online all that much, but am willing to play with fellow OS'ers.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »