Home

Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

This is a discussion on Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2008, 07:35 PM   #73
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Potential Gamekiller: ZERO pass rush

Odogg, i'd rather play the computer than online due to how crappy the EA servers for NCAA are.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:38 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I'm still pumped as hell about the game, but yes...I'm worried after reading from guys that I TRUST that the pass rush needs work.

We'll know pretty quickly if this is a big issue. I plan on immediately taking a "Dominant" Front Four like LSU or USC and playing Western Kentucky on default AA.

If I don't have any pressure from just the front four in THAT game...then folks we have a problem.
AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock
Odogg, i'd rather play the computer than online due to how crappy the EA servers for NCAA are.
I hope that's fixed as well. Nothing like a lag infested game.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:41 PM   #75
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
AMEN!

I hope that's fixed as well. Nothing like a lag infested game.
If it isn't fixed then there would honestly be no point for the online dynasties

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #76
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I'm still pumped as hell about the game, but yes...I'm worried after reading from guys that I TRUST that the pass rush needs work.

We'll know pretty quickly if this is a big issue. I plan on immediately taking a "Dominant" Front Four like LSU or USC and playing Western Kentucky on default AA.

If I don't have any pressure from just the front four in THAT game...then folks we have a problem.
Yeah this is definitely what I'll be doing as well. We all saw what happened when Georgia played Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl, if that sort of scenario isn't possible in 09 (when it was possible in '08) there's a problem.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Well.. it depends. The league I am in, there is only about 1-2 games vs humans, so it would be fine that way as the games vs cpu are still "offline" but if you are doing a dynasty where everyone plays a human every week, then year we have a huge problem.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:17 PM   #78
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I swear to God I wish EA would hire me or SOMEONE like pastapadre or cdj who could tell them this stuff BEFORE community day, early in the dev cycle. This is ridiculous IMO. EA YOU HAVE MY RESUME - HIRE ME!! Seriously though, why don't EA move up Community Day and/or have two community days, one for bugs and/or general testing and the other for just "here's the game - go tell the community your impressions" day.

/end rant
They did do this. They had an event in NYC early April where they got a lot of feedback. After talking to cdj and Pasta at the event, they both agreed that the game made serious improvements based on their feedback at that event.

Here's the deal. The developers were aware of the pass rush issue. Perhaps they will be able to address it via a patch, or at the very least take steps to correct it in 2010. The development cycle is very tough for NCAA compared to Madden, and the bottom line is that they essentially ran out of time. I talked to several of the gameplay developers and they're aware of the issues that remain in the game, but they just ran out of time to address them. The game hit the deadline date where it had to go final, and they had to try and balance things the best they could.

Many of the guys that work on NCAA also work on Madden. We stayed at the studio last night until 2AM playing Madden and NCAA, and several of those guys were there hanging out with us until well after midnight. They care about the game. They understand what needs to happen to make it better. But they have to balance priorities to make very tough deadlines -- which is simply the nature of the beast when you have an annually released sports title that just doesn't have as much time to test things and make adjustments prior to final code.

It's disappointing because the game is awesome otherwise. I think that if you guys play Madden, you'll get a feel for how good NCAA could have been if it had another 2 months of development time. Madden is simply an amazing football game-- by far the best I've ever played. And NCAA is really close to that, but there are just a handful of issues that just didn't quite get balanced out properly before it went final.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 PM   #79
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
They did do this. They had an event in NYC early April where they got a lot of feedback. After talking to cdj and Pasta at the event, they both agreed that the game made serious improvements based on their feedback at that event.

Here's the deal. The developers were aware of the pass rush issue. Perhaps they will be able to address it via a patch, or at the very least take steps to correct it in 2010. The development cycle is very tough for NCAA compared to Madden, and the bottom line is that they essentially ran out of time. I talked to several of the gameplay developers and they're aware of the issues that remain in the game, but they just ran out of time to address them. The game hit the deadline date where it had to go final, and they had to try and balance things the best they could.

Many of the guys that work on NCAA also work on Madden. We stayed at the studio last night until 2AM playing Madden and NCAA, and several of those guys were there hanging out with us until well after midnight. They care about the game. They understand what needs to happen to make it better. But they have to balance priorities to make very tough deadlines -- which is simply the nature of the beast when you have an annually released sports title that just doesn't have as much time to test things and make adjustments prior to final code.

It's disappointing because the game is awesome otherwise. I think that if you guys play Madden, you'll get a feel for how good NCAA could have been if it had another 2 months of development time. Madden is simply an amazing football game-- by far the best I've ever played. And NCAA is really close to that, but there are just a handful of issues that just didn't quite get balanced out properly before it went final.

thanks man. Keep up the good work.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-31-2008, 08:35 PM   #80
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks Rhombic. Thats too bad, but for me the bottom line is that I expect the game to work properly if I am going to pay full price. I wish these games came out every two years, will never happen though. At least Madden seems promising even if it isn't everything a hard core fan wants.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »