Home

Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-21-2008, 05:29 PM   #2305
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread

Hey Mr. Adam,

What's happened to the blue-lined line of scrimmage? Also, why does the controls always change? I think the R2 sprint thingy (PS3 obvoiusly) is a pain not to mention the same button for jump-snap and then have to use L1 for a bull-rush...Can't there be a classic option (X sprint for offense, O for defense, etc.)

Regarldless, awesome game and cool graphics - I love the background for Wake Forest except the Deacon Tower wasn't added

Thanks, sir!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #2306
MVP

OVR: 20

Adam, I am trying to remain civil here but it is kind of hard considering my roster file was fine before the first patch but now doesn't work. You said roster files that were ok before the patch would work after the patch did you not? This was a roster that I put alot of time editing into so I am very pissed a patch meant to fix something has ruined my roster. And for the record I had no problem with rosters before the patch. Also the file does not it is corrupted so I don't think it is.

Last edited by mgoblue678; 08-21-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #2307
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Adam, I am trying to remain civil here but it is kind of hard considering my roster file was fine before the first patch but now doesn't work. You said roster files that were ok before the patch would work after the patch did you not? This was a roster that I put alot of time editing into so I am very pissed a patch meant to fix something has ruined my roster. And for the record I had no problem with rosters before the patch. Also the file does not it is corrupted so I don't think it is.
You might want to define what you consider "fine". What I am saying is since you edited your roster file yourself, you may not have realized that your roster file had been corrupted somewhere along the way. The actual glitch with the roster files only affects teams in the W's and I believe FIU's depth chart or something (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). So theoretically, you could use a team like Auburn and be playing games with no problem. The real question here is, did you use your own roster file to start a dynasty...with no problems? This is a sure fire way to tell if your roster file was corrupted or not. If you couldn't start a dynasty, your file is corrupt. If so, your file is fine and this is probably some new glitch.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:33 PM   #2308
Rookie

hosesway's Arena

OVR: 2

Adam,

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but in future versions of NCAA FB will it be possible for members of an Online Dynasty to watch other human members of the dynasty's games (whether they're playing the CPU or another human)?

There have been quite a few times when all 4 users in my Online Dynasty have been online at one time and would have really enjoyed watching a member of the OD's game that they were playing at that time.

Not sure how realistic that option could be in the future, but it would certainly be entertaining and add another element to the game.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #2309
Rookie

oChaos_Nine's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosesway
Adam,

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but in future versions of NCAA FB will it be possible for members of an Online Dynasty to watch other human members of the dynasty's games (whether they're playing the CPU or another human)?

There have been quite a few times when all 4 users in my Online Dynasty have been online at one time and would have really enjoyed watching a member of the OD's game that they were playing at that time.

Not sure how realistic that option could be in the future, but it would certainly be entertaining and add another element to the game.

Thanks!
I'm gonna vote no to this. It would be a cool feature, but until they get the lag under control and online plays the same as it does offline I don't they should be adding to the lag problem.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 AM   #2310
Rookie

NWGaEagle's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon3 Re: Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread

Haven't read the whole thread, but how about this?

Allow an option for players to REJOIN disconnected games.

A lot of times we have to restart games from scratch in our dynasty because of an interruption in service. It'd be a lot smoother if we had an option where we could just wait for the player to rejoin their game when they lose their connection.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:41 AM   #2311
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGaEagle
Haven't read the whole thread, but how about this?

Allow an option for players to REJOIN disconnected games.

A lot of times we have to restart games from scratch in our dynasty because of an interruption in service. It'd be a lot smoother if we had an option where we could just wait for the player to rejoin their game when they lose their connection.
Excellent idea. Same with 1 vs. 1 online play. Mainly for the Online Dynasty.

One more question. Could the scores be reported as soon as they are played in Online Dynasty and update before the week is advanced? Same with Commits. We're just in week 1 but one guy has a commitment even though only half of the guys have played and advanced. It would be cool to have this show up as soon as he finishes recruiting and everyone in Week 1 wouldn't need to waste a scholly plus time on that guy. Same with game results in the schedule. It would be cool if those would update instantly as opposed to waiting on the Advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #2312
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
I'm gonna vote no to this. It would be a cool feature, but until they get the lag under control and online plays the same as it does offline I don't they should be adding to the lag problem.
At the VERY LEAST we need to see a play by play drive summary to do some scouting.

I want to know who is milking the clock against the cpu, what team's money plays are etc.. If i cant watch it i want to see a play x play listing at the least.

But i will say that it would be GREAT to be able to watch human vs human games. Its crazy but alot of guys watch the xbox score screen during other players games to follow who is winning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »