Home

Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #2297
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Adam Thompson (NCAA Designer) Q&A Thread

Hi Adam,

Do you guys have anything in the works that will allow a team to have highly skilled players but play poorly due to poor teamwork/leadership... sorta like a team unity stat or something. For example, Florida State hasn't had awesome seasons recently but they have a very skilled bunch of players. So in game, they could be rated a 94 OVR as a team, but then their "team unity" rating would be low resulting in something like an 8-5 season.

I think this would be a cool feature for future NCAA games.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #2298
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Hi Adam,

Just asking this out of curiosity. In dynasty mode, what determines which games are televised locally and nationally?

Sideshow Bob
Old 08-21-2008, 03:49 PM   #2299
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

I also have to second the question by someone previously on the lack of ESPN presentation values. Not comparing the two, but 2k5 did a fantastic job of incorporating the ESPN license and with overall presentation values...it felt much more like a broadcast of the game. Will this license be more utilized in future EA football games?

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #2300
Rookie

bconey23's Arena

OVR: 2

Adam,

Question.

Do you know anything about the presentation the game being improved? For instance,
  • When I have selected a play and ready to hike, there is no indication of what yard line I am on like previous versions.
  • I was also thinking about, after halftime, no more 1st half stats.
  • During the game, in game stats.
  • Also the scores, stats for other games going on when I push pause.
  • While I am obsessed with stats, the stats after a drive, the drive summary.
  • Also has anyone noticed/brought up the issue with the drive summary, it seems to be always incorrect. For example. I started a drive on the 34 yard line, ended up kicking a 25 yard field goal. The summary stated 7 plays for 82 yards?????
  • Lastly, we spoke before about it, the player animations, you mentioned its not something that can be fixed in a patch etc. or might not be able to be fixed at all (I'm going off my memory, which could be wrong, so correct me if I am). I bring this back up because I played Madden 09 and they move perfectly, no missing hips like the animations in NCAA 09.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:55 PM   #2301
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconey23
Adam,

Question.

Do you know anything about the presentation the game being improved? For instance,
  • When I have selected a play and ready to hike, there is no indication of what yard line I am on like previous versions.
  • Also has anyone noticed/brought up the issue with the drive summary, it seems to be always incorrect. For example. I started a drive on the 34 yard line, ended up kicking a 25 yard field goal. The summary stated 7 plays for 82 yards?????
  • Lastly, we spoke before about it, the player animations, you mentioned its not something that can be fixed in a patch etc. or might not be able to be fixed at all (I'm going off my memory, which could be wrong, so correct me if I am). I bring this back up because I played Madden 09 and they move perfectly, no missing hips like the animations in NCAA 09.
I'm confused about the yard line thing. I mean you can see it on the field, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #2302
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Hey Adam, do you know why my roster freezes everytime I try to load it after I downloaded the first patch? I thought you said in a previous thread that patch 1 would not effect existing rosters.
I never said that. I just said if your roster was ok before the patch, it will work after the patch. I guess your roster was corrupted.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #2303
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Hi Adam,

Just asking this out of curiosity. In dynasty mode, what determines which games are televised locally and nationally?
It is a laundry list of things, including prestige, record, game importance, etc.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #2304
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bconey23
Adam,

Question.

I can't talk about new features at this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »