Home

USC vs. FLorida

This is a discussion on USC vs. FLorida within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #17
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: USC vs. FLorida

part 3 is up along with a madden video.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #18
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

why is that ALL the OTHER videos didn't impress me but this one did a heck of a whole lot/

I might just be picking up THIS football game!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #19
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
Does anyone think there needs to be more momentum and less cutting and stopping on a dime? Some of the kick returns and spins by tebow were overdone imo. Nice tackling animations though, really liked the ones where the runner is wrestled to the ground. Captured the violence of the sport well.
Compared to the sandtrap running in 07 and 08, I will take this over that easily, but you are right about Tebow. QBs and other non skilled positions should be more limited/slower with some of the moves they can pull off. Like others have said, the running and throwing has got to go. He is the best at doing that in the game today, but he does not complete every pass like that. Get ready to see that a lot with the Gators online!

I thought the pass rush looked pretty good in these vids actually, so I am not worried any more and ready for this game to drop.
Twitter
YouTube

Last edited by PAPERNUT; 06-07-2008 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #20
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
The only thing I didn't like was how the off balance throws were so successful. I can't wait to play this game again tho. It looks like so much fun.
Hopefully, the QB accuracy slider will be our friend on this.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #21
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
This is not meant as a personal attack on CB...but this comment illustrates one of the chasms that separate players in the EA football world. Skipping the between play stuff may be annoying to some, but to others the between play animations are simply boring and waste time anyway - 90-95% of head-to-head games are like this, no one plays against a human to watch the CPU...

I think that within 5 games every single year I have been skipping the post-play animations and between huddle and snap scenes as well. I understand that some guys live for that stuff, but there is also an entire segment of the fan base who couldn't care less about it....and then of course there's also everyone in between who cover all the extremes and compromises...

It really does show exactly how impossible the task is for EA - they have NO CHANCE of pleasing everyone and every year is simply a balancing act of trying to keep from totally pissing off one segment while trying to please another. Catch-22 for sure...
I think the "skippers" greatly outweigh the "watchers" in terms of pure numbers, but because this is a "watcher" site, many people here begin to believe that its the other way around. This causes them to get upset with EA for not fulfilling the mandate of the people and blowing out the presentation aspects of the game, when in fact they're doing quite a bit for what is a vocal minority of their customer base.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2008, 09:14 PM   #22
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I love the motioning of Harvin into the backfield behind Tebow in the Shotgun Big set. That's new. I'm looking forward to the added plays and formations.

I am really digging some of the new tackling animations too. Although, I wish the players had more weight to them and momentum was more of a factor.

And maybe my favorite thing about this video is the defense (or defensive AI) finally plays the speed option so it won't be an automatic 15-25 yd gain (or more). I always felt that play was cheese. The dude using Florida ran out of the I-formation more in these videos than Meyer & Mullen have called in 3 years at UF.

Can't wait to get this game!!

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-07-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #23
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

all the usc guy did was chuck and duck.

the game looks pretty good though. we'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »