Home

Bill has played another game!

This is a discussion on Bill has played another game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #17
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Bill has played another game!

I'm not sure what to do about kickoffs and punts. But in the time I have spent with the game I have not seen one fair catch and most kickoffs are fielded at the 5 or 10 and returned to the 35 or 40. No way will I *ever* not return it past the 25. Punt returns -- there just isn't enough coverage. If a punt block is on you have all the room you need -- it's wide open. If it's a standard return -- just make the first guy miss and it's at least a 20 yard return. Right now this really is the game's most glaring issue.

As for the INTS, yes, things have toned down quite a bit -- I still want to play a few games with OSU on AA because I really do not want to pick 3-4 passes off per game with my team. But the games on Heisman and this latest AA game with TCU was much improved. I think the gameplay is significantly better on the whole this year which makes me want to start the online dynasty mode even more. That could really be a groundbreaking feature.

The TCU game I had the INT slider (human) at 0 and Human DAWR at 0. Both of those are related to INTs so I wanted to start at the bottom and work my way up if needed.

So yes, lift the sky back up and stop sending me hate mail LOL.

Edit: MacPlex, the original game (OSU V MSU) from last night was default AA lvl -- no sliders. That was the 4 INT session in the first half. The Notre Dame session (2 picks in the first quarter) was AA with CPU QB ACC at 100 and INTs at 0. I think there is a difference in moving sliders around when working on a usebale set and when testing something like INTs, imo.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com

Last edited by Bill_Abner; 07-04-2008 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:08 PM   #18
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
I'm not sure what to do about kickoffs and punts. But in the time I have spent with the game I have not seen one fair catch and most kickoffs are fielded at the 5 or 10 and returned to the 35 or 40. No way will I *ever* not return it past the 25. Punt returns -- there just isn't enough coverage. If a punt block is on you have all the room you need -- it's wide open. If it's a standard return -- just make the first guy miss and it's at least a 20 yard return. Right now this really is the game's most glaring issue.

As for the INTS, yes, things have toned down quite a bit -- I still want to play a few games with OSU on AA because I really do not want to pick 3-4 passes off per game with my team. But the games on Heisman and this latest AA game with TCU was much improved. I think the gameplay is significantly better on the whole this year which makes me want to start the online dynasty mode even more. That could really be a groundbreaking feature.

The TCU game I had the INT slider (human) at 0 and Human DAWR at 0. Both of those are related to INTs so I wanted to start at the bottom and work my way up if needed.

So yes, lift the sky back up and stop sending me hate mail LOL.
Hey Bill,

How about going to the Stadium Sounds thread, downloading some of our Buckeye sounds, put them in the game, and tell us what you think of the feature? If you have time of course.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Hey Bill,

How about going to the Stadium Sounds thread, downloading some of our Buckeye sounds, put them in the game, and tell us what you think of the feature? If you have time of course.
Very good idea. Didn't know it was there.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 07-04-2008, 04:11 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
Ugh... do people always have to be A-holes? J/k
I don't know about other people, but yes, I have to be one ALL the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by macplex
I was asking did he play any game on Heisman/AA w/o bothering the sliders to see if the game plays ok. I just dont get the point of moving a slider like int 0. guys dont drop 5+ pics a game either. Idk
to my knowledge he has not.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #21
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
That's the one thing that has helped the time pass by quicker. Spending hours getting all of the Stadium Sounds authentic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #22
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
if you don't do this, be prepared to receive more "hate" emails. lol

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #23
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5
Smile Re: Bill has played another game!

The last couple of weeks before Madden and NCAA come out should be called the "silly season."
Old 07-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Did anyone actually think EA would fix the INT problem? You should know better by now.

And it's pathetic that the thread about a return of the INT issue was closed. Is dissenting opinion supressed on this forum?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »