Home

People with both 360 and PS3...

This is a discussion on People with both 360 and PS3... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #25
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: People with both 360 and PS3...

Seen both in action and they are pretty much the same. The demo version of the PS3 has slightly muddier textures. It seems like the 360 has better AA. But both run the same other than the minor hitches in replay for the PS3.

I'm sure all this will be cleared up by release and both versions should be identical as stated in the last EA Event.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
Played both games at EA and played both demos....PS3 demo IS bad, but the full retail games were IDENTICAL in feel and appearance.

I am actually going to get it on both systems because of friends and leagues that operate on each one...but I would recommend the 360 over the PS3 still as long as XBL continues to have multiple features that Sony refuses to invest in for PSN.

Firmware 2.40 is a positive step but there's a lot of room left to improve online for the PS3 still.
I'm curious as to what else the PS3 network needs to improve on in order to have the same online experience as people with a 360?
I have both systems and will most likely get it on my PS3 even though I play my 360 more. The latest update has made inviting friends online and checking messages easy just like on a 360. What else do you need?

Other than that, I have friends that play A LOT more strategic on PS3 than people I encounter on 360. Not to mention the fact that I'm on my 4th 360 (First 2 premium messed up and so did my first elite).

I'm starting to see more fan boyish comments than real reasons to choose one platform over the other. Maybe it's just me.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:07 PM   #27
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll be getting both....i'll do my most damage on 360. The Ps3 version is for the people who i know that dont have 360 and want me to kill them in ncaa.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:12 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would get it for the 360 because xbox live is simply better than the online service offered by Sony.

And the new 360s are very reliable IMO as i've had two that have died, but the recently released console is much better and has run well for me for the past 6 months.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #29
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

I asked the same question a few weeks ago...I decided to get it for the 360 and rent from gamefly for ps3 so I can play a dynasty with my friends who have ps3s.
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 07-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #30
Rookie

ronaldc33's Arena

OVR: 3

honestly if you play online I don't see how there's any decision to be made. all my friends are on xbox live. plus i played both demos and the 360 just feels better to me.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:26 AM   #31
Pro

cake612's Arena

OVR: 9

Still not 100% sure but I'll probably be going with the 360 version. The only reason is most of my friends have a 360 and I think I know one other person with a PS3. We'll see how it goes though, I've been having a lot of problems with dirty disc errors lately, specifically with EA sports games. If some people get it early for PS3 and it's exactly the same as 360 then maybe I'll switch but right now I've got it reserved for 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #32
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

getting both for xbox360 due to the 1080p resolution and the fact that most of my friends have xbox360. i dont really play many games on my ps3, mostly a blu-ray player. the system has great potential though for a gaming system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »