Home

Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

This is a discussion on Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #73
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Gamespot review up - gets a 7.5 rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
To me.. with its solid gameplay..the atmosphere really really helps cover up the negative aspects of the game..im having a hell of alot of fun with 09.. most fun in a football videogame i've had since NFL2k5, honestly.

Minus the bugs in 09..the game is a 9.0 imho
You are the 2nd person to have said that. I loved 2k5 and had a fun time playing it. I also read someone else comparing the game to NHL 08 as one of the better sports games of the year. Once again, that statement gets my attention as I love EA's hockey games since they have moved towards the sim side. I am now wondering if I should pick NCAA 09 up?

My ONLY concern is that (from what I have read) lacks defense! Is it possible on the higher levels such as Heisman to shut a team down if you make the right calls and play accordingly? Defense is my only issue.........not the roster bugs..........not the dynamic lighting..........JUST DEFENSE! I don't want a super high scoring game every time I sit down and I also don't want to rack up unrealistic yardage and have extremely high stats in the passing and running columns at the end of the day. Then again, I don't want to have to run down the clock and avoid doing anything in order to keep the score down on offense. I have fun by realism and competitive games. Heck, I don't mind being blown out if the team I am playing is superior.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Bugs aside..Yeah i agree.. im 34 years old.. been there done that..had my time spent in football gaming and NCAA 09 is definately a nice step up from last year and alot of other football titles in recent years and is definately an 8.5ish game imho..not 7.5 score..wow, but then again, GS have been known to be hard on games with its reviews sorta like Famitsu is with its hardcore slapping with game reviews.

With that said.. i see some points GS made but i feel NCAA has made more positive moves this year over last year..also people ..more specifically game reviewers need to praise the atmosphere of 09 a bit more then what has been given. To me.. with its solid gameplay..the atmosphere really really helps cover up the negative aspects of the game..im having a hell of alot of fun with 09.. most fun in a football videogame i've had since NFL2k5, honestly.

Minus the bugs in 09..the game is a 9.0 imho
Your right the presentation is way better thanlast year, the player model luv it. graphics are nice but it come downs to gameplay and there is too many bugs affecting the gameplay moe. Im so glad that the ice the kicker feature can be turn off such a waste of a gimmick.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:42 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

garbage game gets a garbage score

EA has really ****ed things up bad, amazing but they have actually made things worse from last year, which seemed impossible but they did it, hahahahahaha

terrible game, got my $60 bucks back today, not more than 24 hrs after purching it. You guys convinced me to rent so I did and couldn't get more than 30 mins into the game before seeing to many flaws and bugs, complete disgrace for a game. Maybe in September when the game has enough time to get patched more than twice I'll rent it again and see whats up with it. No point in buyin it now, playin 3 or 4 seasons with recruting and all just to have a patch released and have to start all over. EA sucks donkey nutz it you guys didn't get the just of my post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 01:26 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 11

Doesn't make sense to me that many people expect a game to get a higher score than last years version just because it's an improved game

As someone else said, it's already pretty much a given that it's better than last year. But how does it stand compared to where it should be a year later? Has it improved as much as it should have?

If it was a matter of increasing the score everytime then most sports games would be a 9+ now because each year they are better than the year before. I don't think last year should have much bearing on this year aside from overall improvement and pushing the genre forward since that time
Old 07-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

This game is like a 7, beautiful graphics but the gameplay and feel is mediocre at best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »