Home

The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant)

This is a discussion on The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant)

I am officially done with this game online. I am so sick and tired of the cheese 1 week into it, that I cant take it anymore. I dont know if you have experienced what I have..but basically this is it. I am 32-11.. I play straight up football, mix up formations, run the ball, pass the ball, mix up my D plays...

EVERYTIME I play someone who is either in the top 100 or has a very impressive record, its the same thing over and over..

1. NOT HERE!!

2. They pick the U of Florida

3. Scramble with Tebow for a while...deep bomb to whoever (doesnt matter if the guy is single covered or has 6 guys on him)

4. Switch that WR, rocket catch, rinse and repeat...when close to the goalline...it is this (Percy Harvin as QB in the Gator form, and run left, run right until TD)

when it comes to Defense...This is the play...Lets drop 10 guys into coverage, and let the nose tackle battle 5 OLineman.

I swear to god these people have 5 plays in their play book. Hail Mary, Option Run, Zone D, FG, and Kick off

THis is the most annoying **** ever. Do these clowns at EA even play the game before releasing it? what a novel concept to instead of releasing the game 1.5 months before the season, how about they play the game some..fix the complete bull****, and then release the game. Its the shame these idiots at EA cant have this figured out by now.

Of my 11 losses...1 is legit, some guy using UCLA while I used Purdue beat me playing straight up.....Thats all I ask...I could care less if I was 2-100..If I get beat straight up 100 times, its all good, and worth the time.

Oh well, tahts the rant, feel free to comment...Just time to wait until Madden.

Last edited by luv_mist; 07-24-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 02:30 AM   #2
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The demographic of a top 300 online player (rant)

I would have to agree with you on that. I never play football games online. One because of the cheez and two because it is just a tad to laggy for me. I don't like how kickoffs and field goals are studdery. I like the gameplay smooth.

These two reasons are the reason I mainly only play NHL online. There is rarely cheating (unless people use slap passing in 08). The gameplay is also amazing because it is so smooth.

I wish I could enjoy football games online but for me its very hard.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:31 AM   #3
Rookie

razcan's Arena

OVR: 9

The part where you mention Florida and cheese play. I agree with that 100%. I played that same dude. Thats all I am gonna agree with though, the play style.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:32 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
I would have to agree with you on that. I never play football games online. One because of the cheez and two because it is just a tad to laggy for me. I don't like how kickoffs and field goals are studdery. I like the gameplay smooth.

These two reasons are the reason I mainly only play NHL online. There is rarely cheating (unless people use slap passing in 08). The gameplay is also amazing because it is so smooth.

I wish I could enjoy football games online but for me its very hard.
coming from a fellow minnesotan, agreed 100percent.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by razcan
The part where you mention Florida and cheese play. I agree with that 100%. I played that same dude. Thats all I am gonna agree with though, the play style.

yeah, annoying isnt it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 02:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't play ranked games online. I am a regular poster on the best and most diverse college football message board on the internets. There are thousands of members of all ages representing every team from Ohio State and Florida on down to Akron and Rice. Being such great football fans, many of them play the vid game, and play it straight up. We've already started two online dynasties, one using our favorite teams, and another using all MAC teams to try and build it into a powerhouse conference. But since it's impossible for everyone to get their games finished in an expedient manner due to work, school, or whatever else comes up, we just play each other a lot in between weeks. Yeah, you'll play guys more than once, but I think it adds to the fun as you can try and get your payback when you lose, or get on the board and rub in a blowout win. And there are enough players that you can play 3 or 4 games per night and never play the same person twice if you don't want to. Come over and challenge us, or just to talk football or whatever else...we always could use new members.

http://www.ultimatesportsboards.com/...p?referrer=298
Old 07-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #7
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

could of done without the racist comment... it was borderline until you said "dumb as they usually are" comeon man you have plenty of reasons to bash online cheesers without bringing race into it, even if it is what you have observed based on your obviously VERY limited experiences.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:48 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
could of done without the racist comment... it was borderline until you said "dumb as they usually are" comeon man you have plenty of reasons to bash online cheesers without bringing race into it, even if it is what you have observed based on your obviously VERY limited experiences.
Yeah, I hear ya. Though, I think he's just saying it like it is (for the top 100). The racist part probably had more to do with frustration than anything. It was a rant, after all. I don't think anyone likes dumb cheesers, of any race.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »