Home

Question for OMT (uniforms)

This is a discussion on Question for OMT (uniforms) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #17
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Question for OMT (uniforms)

my idea has nothing in it that would tamper with logos or anything just using the colors that are a part of the school to create alternate uniforms.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #18
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

Just for example, Vandy has new uniforms that are in the game, but the only option is the gold/white and white/white. On their website they state that the new uniforms will be black/gold/white options for the jerseys and the pants. With a uniform creator you could change just the color, either black/gold/white, of both the pants and jerseys, thats it. You cant change the logos, templates or any thing else. For any team that you want to create a uniform for you can only change the color, and you must use the school colors.
USF= Green/Gold/White
When you get into the classic schools like ND, Alabama, Texas, ect. you cant change anything, but for the schools who have multiple uniforms that are not in the game this is what this is for.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'd LOVE to get a uniform creator that you can use to make uniforms for any team you want.
I would love one, too. I'd love to recreate Florida's orange jersey, but still use the current stylings.

So, is this on your "official" wishlist, OMT? I ask this realizing that your wishlist is just that, a wishlist; but calling it "official" in my mind makes it an idea being considered by the Tiburon development team (or at least, part of it).

Madden used to have a feature like this (I haven't played Madden since it's 2005 iteration, so I don't know if current versions still have one), but you couldn't put the team logos on your creations. I used to create a pewter jersey for the Bucs to go along with their standard red and white.

If this could be done in NCAA where you could create an option using another of the school colors, as earlier described, yet keep the logos on it (this is where the NCAA and CLC might object), it might be one of the best new features. Then, implement a way where you could share your creations through EASports World or something.

Combine this with the ability to select individual assests (helmet, jersey, pant combos)...
Old 08-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #20
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
Just for example, Vandy has new uniforms that are in the game, but the only option is the gold/white and white/white. On their website they state that the new uniforms will be black/gold/white options for the jerseys and the pants. With a uniform creator you could change just the color, either black/gold/white, of both the pants and jerseys, thats it. You cant change the logos, templates or any thing else. For any team that you want to create a uniform for you can only change the color, and you must use the school colors.
USF= Green/Gold/White
When you get into the classic schools like ND, Alabama, Texas, ect. you cant change anything, but for the schools who have multiple uniforms that are not in the game this is what this is for.
I'd like to be able to change the styles as well. Someone might want to take names off the back or add them, take shoulder stripes off or add them, take pants stripe off or add them etc. You could change the style of number font as well.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 AM   #21
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I'd like to be able to change the styles as well. Someone might want to take names off the back or add them, take shoulder stripes off or add them, take pants stripe off or add them etc. You could change the style of number font as well.
I would too, but I know sometimes there are rules and things that would limit what options you have because of the NCAA. I am keeping this up to see more comments from others in the community. I know there are other things that people want addressed in the game, but I think this feature or something like it would be a great addition to the game. Also, OMT if you can is it possible to add a feature like this to the next installment of NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 03:05 PM   #22
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

up
Old 08-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #23
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3

Note to bigjake62505 ...

USF hasn't worn white/white since 2006
Its been AT LEAST 5 years since USF has worn green/white
And USF has NEVER EVER worn green/gold

So if EA wanted to include the first two as retro uniforms, that is fine. But they are not alternate uniforms. And the green/gold is nothing more than a fantasy uniform.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #24
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

Thanks for the info but the point of this idea is WHAT IF this year usf chooses to wear someting different? What if a team you are playing as USF in your dynasty and in year 2013 you want to use a different uniform than what you have? I know some people just want to have what is in the game and thats fine. I like to have some customization options avalible. Create a team is out, and if they aren't going to put it back in and if EA isn't going to have all the alternates in the game them this would be a great option to be able to go in and create your own uniforms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »