Home

Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

This is a discussion on Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:48 AM   #81
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Cant Take It Anymore..Im Putting This On The Shelf Until Patch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Adam (OMT) simply said a couple days ago in a thread (not sure which one) that it might be out next week and if not the following week. That means the last Thursday in August for PS3 or the first Thursday in September. Now I hear the 360 is getting the patch today and us PS3 owners are getting screwed again! What the heck Sony?! You should have been rushing the second patch after the first one took so long.
The first PS3 patch was delayed because there was some sort of issue with it. No idea what it was or how serious it was, but I wouldn't necessarily blame Sony for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #82
Rookie

Hammer67's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
While you can make this point, there was not NEARLY as much missing from PS2 games vs PS1 as there is next-gen vs last-gen...in regards to EA of course. I got my PS2 in 2000 on the first day it came out, fast forward to 3 years later, and the PS2 was the freakin king. It had great games across all genres. One of those games was NCAA 2004.

Now, we are at the 3rd installment of NCAA on and we are regressing instead of getting better. Next gen does not = better, though that is arguable. BUT, next-gen should at least give us what we HAD, + 1
And, to be fair...the lack of competition for these games really doesn't push them very much either...so it could be a slower pace for the new systems.

But the complexity of the graphics engines now are quite high. Who knows?

All I know is that now I wait and rent the new releases every year. If I am not totally blown away by the release then I hold off or buy it a few months later, cheap, on eBay. I didn't buy NCAA last year because it wasn't really a big enough jump to warrant $60 for me. Same with Madden. 09 was the first one I bought new on the 360...I rented the previous ones and hated them.

If you ever want to feel better about yourself, visit an online forum. You will find poor spelling, poor grammar, poor logic and complete irrationality in practically every thread. What a world...
Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #83
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig5309
The first PS3 patch was delayed because there was some sort of issue with it. No idea what it was or how serious it was, but I wouldn't necessarily blame Sony for that.
True. EA had a mistake in the first patch but I still want to blame Sony right now.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Patch 2 is here...no need for this thread any longer.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »