Home

Official NCAA Bugs/Glitches thread (PS3/Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on Official NCAA Bugs/Glitches thread (PS3/Xbox 360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
MattUMD224

OVR:
Icon4 Official Bugs/Glitches Thread (PS3/360)

from CDJ over at NCAA Strategies

Quote:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but....

Between games & impressions, I started editing rosters with the hopes of enough people getting the game early to where we could pass the file around and get it done by release or close to it since a significant portion would already be completed.

Well, on day one and after editing a few teams, the game would freeze (and even occassionally bump me back out to the XMB) when attempting to accept changes made to a player. This lost me about three teams of work. Since it did not happen again, I felt it was an isolated incident, though I did forward it on to Will at Tiburon.

Since then, I have been backing up every save on my USB drive as well. This added a lot of time, but was worth it - or so I thought.

However, an hour or two ago the problem resurfaced after not happening since Tuesday evening. I was able to use my save file to keep going only for a few moments. Even on the back-up file on the USB drive now, it freezes the game when attempting to save changes to a player. This means that all work done on editing the file has now been lost. (Technically, I can still play games with the roster file, it just cannot be edited further.)

I am attempting to see if EA Tiburon wants me to send down the file so thay can maybe figure out the issue easier that way.

This is something that was probably impossible to catch in testing. I was able to edit three, and then 20+ teams before it hit.

Until then, I recommend people working on PS3 rosters save in several locations after editing each team - perhaps on two USB drives, alternating on each drive after editing each team - until this issue is resolved.

I am hoping this is a local problem (maybe something on my system doesn't sit well with the roster save) and not widespread, but I am not optimistic after these developments.

If I hear anything, I will post in this thread. Again, I hate to be the bearer of bad news and I am as disappointed as anyone.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: so did anyone happen to catch this roster problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
from CDJ over at NCAA Strategies
Can you provide a link?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Can you provide a link?
here you go.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...ad.php?t=59099

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Thanks Solidice
Old 07-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Official Bugs/Glitches Thread (PS3/360)

For those of you that pick apart games and ruin them for yourselves every year.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2008, 05:16 PM   #6
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Official Bugs/Glitches Thread (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
For those of you that pick apart games and ruin them for yourselves every year.
so you're saying that we just shouldn't play with rosters because we would ruin it for ourselves?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
MattUMD224

OVR:

this is the only time ive ever had a problem with NCAA ever, last year game had flaws but i still enjoyed it, but not being able to paly the game with names is a huge deal for me

Old 07-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #8
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
so you're saying that we just shouldn't play with rosters because we would ruin it for ourselves?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
this is the only time ive ever had a problem with NCAA ever, last year game had flaws but i still enjoyed it, but not being able to paly the game with names is a huge deal for me
I agree completly. I never try to wreck a game for myself. I usually never do but having no named rosters is a game killer for me.

Last edited by RAZRr1275; 07-11-2008 at 05:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »