Home

**Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread**

This is a discussion on **Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #185
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: **Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread**

Wishlist:
FCS Teams
More uniform options-I know their are more uniforms for schools than this game has. I would also like to see uniforms incorporated that arent real, like for Michigan, the option to maize out, with maize pants and maize jerseys.
Create a School-I think this should be broughten back, and using the uniform companies too.
Commentating-Bring back a sideline reporter. I know on the last gan there was a sideline reporter. I would bring one back, Erin Andrews?
AD mode-Like the owner mode in Madden. Your able to either skip it, or go into it before pre-season. you can rebuild the stadium, change coaches, change uniforms, change helmets. Rebuild facilities. Upgrade stadiums.
Recruiting-Add more balence. WRS and RB's cant be most of the 5* recruits. Add some defensive 5* and some O'line 5*s. When having recruiting visits, incorporate them into the game somehow, like having them on the sidelines and showing them. Allowing the head coach to assign his assistants to recruiting areas. Dont just have the CPU only recruit the best players. They should be recruiting by needs.
Redshirts-Isnt the redshirt deadline the last week on non-conference play? Allow us to redshirt guys until then, and allow medical redshirts.
Team Violations-Have some instances where players violate the rules, and the coaches need to punish them.
Campus Legend-What the hell did you do to Campus Legend this year?!?!?!?!? The Evening activities now give you choices on what you want to do?!?!?!?!? Fix this crap! Also, do what the last gen had, show the players dorm room, and we can go through the stuff in there, and the dorm rooms improve every year.
Resinding of Schollies-Allow coaches to take away scholarships from players if they violate team rules.
Offering Schollies-Allow the option to offer schollies to walk on players.
Army All-American game and Under Armour game-Incorporate these games between the recruiting prospects into Dynasty Mode, and allow us to play them.
Gameplay-Gameplay still has some flaws in it. The CPU shouldnt be completing 20 passes out of 22 attempts. The secondary's should be better than this game portrays them.
Playbook-Allow the adding of plays to a teams playbook, and the taking away of plays from playbooks.
Name the coaches-The coaches names shouldnt be "Coach Mich Coach" or "Coach Bucks Coach" They should be Coach Rich Rodriguez or Coach Jim Tressel.
Weekday games-There should be weekday games like on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, not just Saturdays.
Pre/Post Game Shows-When the games start, have the commentators announce their picks, and have Lee Corso put on the headgear.
Home Field Advantage-The crowds should be very loud in the top 25 toughest places to play, and the screen should shake as well as the controller vibrate.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #186
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

This is something I posted earlier from another thread about keeping CPU teams competitive throughout a dynasty:

Also meant to add that OL needs to at least be two deep. That's kind of what was intended for DC Management.

This needs a huge amount of work. You can tell in any dynasty when LSU has OL rated in the 50's in year two there is a problem. Any offline and/or online dynasty I've had has this. There are several issues that should be addressed for 2010 version.

1)Balance out the recruits- As you've said above, way too many WR's and HB's and not enough OL, C, FB, Quality K and P's. I'm guessing there should be at least twice the amount of 3* prospects at these positions and maybe twice the amount of 2* prospects.
***Also, too many teams that have good players at QB and HB sign crap players at those positions. There is no need for top 25 teams to sign 3 or 4 Qb's rated in the 50's and 60's when they already have 4 good QB's on the roster. Same with HB. Too many crap players randomly added to good rosters.

2)CPU's awareness to address positions of needs. Any time there is a need position the CPU should have two to three times the number of those players on the board. OL should constantly have a solid two-deep and one or two redshirting if possible.

2-B)CPU should have a standard of quality at each position and not a drop-off from 4* to 1*. A team like LSU and say Texas might sign a 3* OL or FB, or even DL occasionally and when redshirted they're a good player. No Walk-Ons for top-tier programs. More aggressive recruiting would be nice.

3)Depth Chart Management- This is a must. If a good team signs a crappy player at say C, then the 3rd best G or T should be placed as the starting C for that team by the CPU. Also, the CPU should be able to balance out RT and LT so there isn't one LT and 4 RT's. I'm all for having any position where there is a L or R like this, without actually labeling them L and R:

(L)T
(L)G
C
(R)G
(R)T

(L)DE
(R)DE
***Strong and weak would actually be nice on D

(SAM)OLB
(MIKE)LB
(WILL)OLB
ETC. ETC.

4)Position changes without killing ratings- would help make DC management better. A CPU team signs a two good FS's but needs a SS, then one is moved to SS without hurting ratings and bringing in a BS Walkon. Need a FB, move a Power Back to FB to keep the # 1 team in America from having a 52 OVR FB.

***Actually, making FS and SS just Safety's and being able to play both would help. You'd still have different types that are Coverage, Balanced, and Hard Hitters. For LB's it would be cool to have LB's that play both and OLB's that are a little more suited for the Outside.

5)Another thing that would help is to keep classes from shooting for 25 signees each year. Shooting closer to the amount that will fill up the roster would be better. This way your bigger schools don't have to cut 4-8 or however many signess that get cut and the wealth could be spread around making more players available for more teams. Each team would have a better shot at more quality. This is key!!! That's how we do it in our Online Dynasty. It's good to have the option to sign 25 like the NCAA has but they're working with 85 man rosters where we have 70. I may be wrong here but if you sign 25 each year, then every 4 years you're cutting 30 players. How many players would that make up for each team over a 4 year period that could have been playing somewhere else?

That's about it for now but I think most of that would definitely help. It's just how much of it they could actually install. I'm still waiting on better gameplay AI as well so we'll see.

Also, I'd like to see a little more depth in ONLINE DYNASTY so we could review plays, used formation subs, mass subs etc. We're limited right now in-game and that's something else I'd like to see fixed. I'm thankful for the OD but just add more to it.

The idea about the UnderArmor and Army AA games, you'd think sponsors like these would want to advertise in these and might be willing to pay to get these in the game. Maybe they don't.

Full length Spring Game and Early Enrollees(which would be random) but you'd know up front if they were an early enrollee.

Juco's in a separate pool not as deep as HS kids.
**Different pitches for JUCO's like Immediate playing time being way more important than normal.

Better promises during recruiting and having them actually count when you keep them.

Unit Rankings based on Experience and Talent.

Ability to change positions by placing a FS in the Depth Chart at SS which would negate the need for a walk-on at SS(as and example). Just having General Safety's with different skill sets.

Size, weight, ratings attributes being all taken into account.

Better and more velocity on bullet passes. Place a premium on arm-strength for the deep ball and getting the throws into tight places.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #187
Rookie

PittmanPla's Arena

OVR: 4
Radjusted.e: **Official NCAA Football 2010 Wishlist Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
QBs run like they have lead feet and do a little shuffle thing that makes them look like some out of shape fat kid from 9th grade gym class.
Hey I run better then that, and im that kid
Old 09-27-2008, 01:52 AM   #188
MVP

OVR: 20

Smarter CPU playcalling,better o-line and d-line interaction, better cpu clock managment, better ratings for some 1 and 2* players to allow more diamonds in the rough and better cpu ai when recruiting players and filling out depth charts should all be big priorities for next year. Fix the core gameplay/expierence before adding small details or feautures.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 09-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #189
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah,ea should also bring back some old animations from the previous versions and fix the lighting and bring back the div 1-AA teams with every team in the game fight songs and stadiums.also bring back create-a- school and playbook.and also the day-night setting.if a game is played between 3:30 and 5:30,the sun should not be out the entire game.by about the end of the first half/halftime,the moon should be out,especially since its fall during football and the moon is out earlier.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:21 PM   #190
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 d@ g8t3
yeah,ea should also bring back some old animations from the previous versions and fix the lighting and bring back the div 1-AA teams with every team in the game fight songs and stadiums.also bring back create-a- school and playbook.and also the day-night setting.if a game is played between 3:30 and 5:30,the sun should not be out the entire game.by about the end of the first half/halftime,the moon should be out,especially since its fall during football and the moon is out earlier.
Agreed with the lighting. It would be nice to see a game started at dusk be completely dark outside by the end of the game. The shadows and light progression was pretty cool in 08.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 6

A few more recruiting ideas.
1) The two premier recruiting company right now are Rivals and Scout. Perhaps the recruits have listed their position rankings by each site, and star ratings for each. Sometimes Scout has a guy rated 4 stars, while rivals has them as a 3 star player.
2) Rivals only ranks who they think are the best of the best as 5 star recruits. This year they only have 26 so far. Scout rates their top 50 prospects as 5 star recruits, regardless of how good they were compared to the last years recruits.
3) There are players out there getting 15 and 20 scholarship offers every year. In the game, 6 offers is a lot.
4) Recruits should tell you where you stand with them. There should be no interest meter, especially one that allows you to see their interest in another school. Just as I suggested before, if you use one of the scouting companies, you can only see a low, medium, or high interest in a school.
5) There are nowhere near enough in season signees. It's only the 6th week of the season and 57 of the top 100 have already made up their mind. I believe that this stems from the fact that in real life schools begin their recruiting efforts by sending letters out to players before they are seniors, and there are often a few players who commit to a school their junior year.
6) Although I often benefit from it, there are too many four star players getting no scholarship offers. I then give them offers at the end of the year after some of my other recruits sign elsewhere, and I am easily able to sign them.
7) Promises need to be player specific. Why would a promise for a good amount of playing time, or no redshirt impact the interest of a player who has the importance of immediate playing time set to low?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 1

also,they should add team celebrated touchdowns instead of just 2 players or the mascot.ea should really get licenses like madden to have the coaches on the sidelines.and what the hell happend to the officiating crew and chain gang?neither madden or ncaa has yet to add them on the next gen.ea should really emphasize the battle in the trenches.in 09, both sides lineman were horrible.and ea should just add some formations like the maryland i back into the game.and for the flexbone,add the jet sweep and such so it feels like your playing the navy midshipmen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »