Home

NCAA 09 Dynasty Stories (What's Yours?)

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 Dynasty Stories (What's Yours?) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #9
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA 09 Dynasty Stories (What's Yours?)

See I get tired of winning all the time, there is no way you should be winning national titles with Utah State and a directional Michigan school.
You guys need to try fistorages new post patch 2 sliders they are a blast and they are very realistic.
I am currently 3-1 with S. Carolina using his settings, I got pounded at home against #1 Georgia 49-3 and it was a blast. His settings make you play a perfect game to beat a really good team when you are a bad team, and that is the way it should be.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
Rookie

Enderz Game's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm just starting my 5th season with Georgia Tech (Auburn Alumni sliders on All American difficulty).

Struggled a little the first year (took me a while to get the hang of the option) and lost the ACC Championship game my second year after I had a game-winning TD in OT called back on a holding penalty (ouch!). My recruiting started to pay off by the third year and I ended up winning the BCS the last two years. I've had the top recruiting classes the past two years. My defense has been ranked No.1 for two years running including one year where my offense was ranked dead last (all run / no pass ball-control triple option attack).

I'll probably see how many NC seasons I can string together with GT (to see if I can keep the recruiting pipeline consistent enough to avoid an off year) then transfer to a one-star school for more of a challenge.

Here are some of my thoughts on dynasty mode so far:
1) Recruiting - Fun, but probably a little too easy with one of the better schools. I haven't really had much of a problem landing the guys that I go after and after finishing in the top 5 my second year I've had plenty of talent interested at the start of the season.
2) Gameday - I've had a lot of fun, close games including several wins in OT, but am considering upping the difficulty to Heisman. Once you learn your system and get some good players it's not that hard to move the ball on offense and once I built up some talent and depth on defense it's been pretty stifling.
3) Passing Game - I haven't had as much of a problem with defending the short passing game. I just recruit guys with good man coverage ratings and use press coverage a lot. Last season I led the country in passing defense and INT's.
4) Pass Rush - I also haven't seen a big problem with pass protection. Having good coverage down-field usually gives my d-linemen enough time to get a few sacks per game.
5) Overall - Great experience. I haven't had this much fun with a game in a while. Now that I've almost got my favorite team out of my system I'm already looking forward to building a new dynasty from scratch.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 29

I am using his sliders now with Alabama... first game was an OT win against Clemson... 26-23. (Managed to lose my starting HB for the season with a Severe Concussion)

Pounded Tulane and W. Kentucky should be a gimme.... The SEC season will be fun though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #12
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I am using his sliders now with Alabama... first game was an OT win against Clemson... 26-23. (Managed to lose my starting HB for the season with a Severe Concussion)

Pounded Tulane and W. Kentucky should be a gimme.... The SEC season will be fun though.
You will not be dissapointed, I am having a blast in my S. Carolina dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »