Home

When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

This is a discussion on When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: When/If are they going to fix the uniforms for 360?

Adam,

I can understand these uniforms being overlooked since the game was complete once they were announced. But, why are you scouring the web for photos when you can call up the NCAA to find out what uniforms were submitted for approval. I'm sure the NCAA would be happy to assist you with this.

These are just ideas for future use. I didn't intend to sound like a jerk. Thanks for your response.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #18
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

I remember in an earlier thread that Adam said he had Georgia Tech's navy blue alternate in the game, and the school contacted him to take it out. That's crazy.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #19
Banned

[quote=Strummer101er;2038669825]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebergz

Not really. EA is a billion-dollar empire that is, in essence, promoting college football with videogames like NCAA 09.

But EA can't keep track of every uniform change. The onus is on the school's athletic department to keep EA apprised of changes so the development team can update the uniforms.

I never thought I'd say this, but for once, EA isn't to blame here.
Umm... First, videogames need sports more than the other way around. These schools have better things to do than make sure EA Sports has the uniforms. EA Sports is making these games to make money. They paid the NCAA for the right to use each of these schools in their game just so no one else could create a better game and ruin their profit margin. So, the onus is on EA Sports and this Adam guy.

Example: Architect designs a building and asks the structural engineer for some details. Those details don't get added or the old ones are used. Building falls down. Architect is sued, not the structural engineer because he used incorrect details.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #20
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbd

Umm... First, videogames need sports more than the other way around. These schools have better things to do than make sure EA Sports has the uniforms. EA Sports is making these games to make money. They paid the NCAA for the right to use each of these schools in their game just so no one else could create a better game and ruin their profit margin. So, the onus is on EA Sports and this Adam guy.

Example: Architect designs a building and asks the structural engineer for some details. Those details don't get added or the old ones are used. Building falls down. Architect is sued, not the structural engineer because he used incorrect details.
yes, because we all know EA Sports has a time machine so they can travel to the future to get the information of the new uniforms when they are announced, then go back and put them into the game.

/sarcasm

but seriously, if the new uniforms have not been announced and the school, NCAA, and/or uniform manufacturer is unwilling to provide information, how can the new uniforms be put into the game for release?

they have other teams new uniforms in the game, so its not like they don't even look until the season starts.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #21
Rookie

scourge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
I have a hard time believing this is true considering there were alternate uniform download packs for NCAA 07.

Why couldn't they just release a download pack of "fixed" uniforms which can just be selected as alternates?

I'd like to hear a reply to this Adam. It seems like a simple and very good solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #22
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbd

Umm... First, videogames need sports more than the other way around.
Wrong. Videogames made $18 billion last year, which is more than the NFL, MLB and NBA's 2007 revenues combined.

And in the past 20 years, football has moved ahead of baseball to become America's #1 pastime. That's due in large part to the kids who grew up playing Madden.

Like I said, schools -- the smart ones, anyway -- will see the promotional value a game like NCAA can offer and make sure their program is represented faithfully. You would too if you were going to be seen by a million potential fans.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 09-02-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #23
Rookie

Icebergz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Exactly. I do a TON of research on every school in the game... scouring the web for photos and news of uniforms.

I also submit screenshots of the uniforms to every school, and they can approve them or disapprove them and send me designs or pictures of the new uniforms. This is how we get most new uniforms in the game.

Towards the end of the project, a team will announce they have new uniforms and we'll be able to squeeze them in at the last minute.

The fact of the matter is Va Tech approved the old uniforms, and once I heard about the new uniforms the game was complete. That is why they don't have their new uniforms in the game.

Same with UAB, Minnesota, UNLV, Kentucky, Houston, Arkansas, Georgia Tech, FIU, Syracuse, Idaho, Oregon State, Duke, and Nevada (so far....)

And what the happened to Iowa's home uniforms????
Old 09-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #24
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
I'd like to hear a reply to this Adam. It seems like a simple and very good solution.
I believe it's been said before that the manner in which uniform assets are handled has changed since NCAA 07 and the game now does not allow for new uniforms to be added beyond what is found on the game disc. Could be wrong, but I remember hearing that at some point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »