Home

It ain't easy being cheesy

This is a discussion on It ain't easy being cheesy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #33
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: It ain't easy being cheesy

No offense, but this forum is not about YOU. It's about NCAA Football the game.

I shouldn't have to see posts about YOU in every thread. Relax.

If anyone insulted you, just brush it off.... it's an online forum.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:14 AM   #34
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
No offense, but this forum is not about YOU. It's about NCAA Football the game.

I shouldn't have to see posts about YOU in every thread. Relax.

If anyone insulted you, just brush it off.... it's an online forum.
I know its not, but every time someone sees my name in a thread they quote me and say something negative. It becomes about me then

Old 10-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I know its not, but every time someone sees my name in a thread they quote me and say something negative. It becomes about me then
why not stay out of those threads?

where in this thread did I attack you? All I did was point out your signature and ask a question. You then IMMEDIATELY changed it and I asked you about that. In your signature you were completely undefeated with Hawaii winning 40+ games in a row and 2 NC or something. If you go back and read my first post you will see that this lines up perfectly with my original question. Is it cheesier to play with easier settings but don't call "money" plays and win or is it cheesier to play with harder settings and use everything you got to win.

HH- don't care what anyone says, throwing to the flats out of PA is cheese to me. I agree that most other things aren't cheesy since this is a video game but since the darn AI sucks the LBs in over and over on PA regardless of how many times you run it I consider that cheese.

Young, my buddy and I play with our house rules even when we play head to head. It actually makes the game a defensive struggle since our fastest offensive player is 90 but our defense is full of REALLY fast guys. Super speed on D really helps to make up for horrible pursuit angles and bad AI.

Oh, one other thing. Fist can vouch for me as I played an OD with him before I had tons of House rules implemented. He saw what stats I compiled when I ran 4 WR formations... it was nuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #36
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Eh....the original post is calling something cheesy that really isn't even in that area of cheese.

First off, I CANNOT STAND folks who want "hard" sliders.

I am going for realism...or as close as possible.

No..it's not realistic for an 80 rated team to go 11-1 or 12-0 every season.

THEN AGAIN...it's not realistic to see your entire D line get pancaked over and over and over and over by Akron on Heisman.

It's not realistic to see Robo QB know exactly when and where you are blitzing from and always throw to the right guy...even if they haven't even TURNED AROUND yet.

It's not realistic to severely handicap your own team just to "make the game hard".

In my opinion...Heisman is a freaking joke. It's not fun to play..at all. It's a cheese fest by the CPU all day everyday and defense is a complete joke as well. Defensive line? HA!! What's that. Are those the 3 or 4 guys who get put on their a$$ every damn play or get super suction blocked into oblivion?

I prefer to play on Varsity myself with adjusted sliders. The OL/DL interaction is much better...still sorry as hell and EA should be ashamed of their shoddy programming as far as this goes...but still it's much better than AA or Heisman.

IMO....CPU playcalling is the ultimate "undoer" of any game. The CPU 90% of the time is just flat out stupid in their playcalling. Again..a direct result of shoddy and lazy programming.

The only reason CPU QBs throw less picks on Heisman and AA is because EA cheated and made Defenses nonexistant as far as blitzes and pressuring the QB. If you adjust it so that you can get a decent pass rush....it's right back to the CPU panicking and throwing picks.

To each their own, but I would rather play a game where it plays as close to "fair" as possible...rather than worry if I'm "winning too much".
Great post.

I am playing in an OD with supposed HARD sliders on Heisman. There is nothing hard or difficult about Heisman on default or with Hard sliders. Christian Ponder was 23-23 with 6 TD's in a half of play.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter if you are on AA or Heisman, the CPU SUCKS. Playing on AA with sliders is a much more enjoyable game.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Great post.

I am playing in an OD with supposed HARD sliders on Heisman. There is nothing hard or difficult about Heisman on default or with Hard sliders. Christian Ponder was 23-23 with 6 TD's in a half of play.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter if you are on AA or Heisman, the CPU SUCKS. Playing on AA with sliders is a much more enjoyable game.
Have you ever tried "hard" heisman sliders and a speed max on offense? I have a house rule of 90 max speed on offense. This does GREATLY help the CPU out. It doesn't FIX the game, but it sure makes offense about a million times harder. Anything over 90 speed simply abuses the CPU too easily. I find 90 max speed makes drives take 10+ plays which gives the CPU a chance at a tip pick, I drop a couple or even a fumble. With speed the drives are done so fast the CPU never has a chance.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:26 AM   #38
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm playing with fist's sliders on Heisman...

Me and my friend are doing a dynasty with these sliders. Me being USM, and him being Tulsa. It's quite enjoyable actually. So far, we have completed two seasons, and neither of us has yet to even break top 25.

I'm a really good player at playing NCAA Football, but it is completley elimanated I feel with these sliders. Recruiting is a really big deal so is strategy!

We have several house rules. You can not call the same play more than twice in a game unless it's like a HB Dive or some type of other running play because their are limited amound of running plays.

Other house rules consist of RUNNING THE TYPE OF OFFENSE YOU RECRUIT! We declare at the beggining of the season what type of offense will be ran. So if a player tries to pick certian "cheesy plays", then he gets a bust if it's not his style of offense.

Every year, certain "money plays" are added to the list. However, we feel also that a "money play" may be acceptable sometimes. Like take this for example. In real life, a team may practice one play over and over again to make sure they have a high success rate of that play. We consider those over practiced plays "money plays". So here is our house rule. "Money plays" or should I say "play" can only be used once a month (being dynasty season month). So basically, you can call one money play every four games.

Right now, i'm actually off to a decent start in season three with USM... I have HEAVILY recruited defense. My offense is super weak, so I decided to schedule FCS as my first game to test out a new offensive style attack (Option Run - Recruited a 91 speed QB). So heading into my 2nd game of the year, I played #6 WVU. My defense held them to 22 points, and I hit a game winning field goal to give me a 24-22 win. So, so far I sit 2-0 in my third season as USM.

How's that sound?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »