Home

2 games left for first NC

This is a discussion on 2 games left for first NC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: 2 games left for first NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Seriously, online dynasties are the best. I probably would have taken the game back if it wasn't for that.
100% agree. I love how he has only made it to one bowl game in 3 years. As long as I win the NC before he does I will be okay. Next year I should have a GREAT shot with OSU at home and pretty much returning my ENTIRE defense and offense. I have the foundation now laid for my team and simply need to recruit a super TE and I am on my way to OD domination. I am hoping that this 4-star I have now performs. I am pretty pissed at Florida for stealing my ideal TE recruit this past season. I will likely try to schedule them next year and lay down the lumber on them. My D should be able to carry me through anyone but I will bring a high caliber team like that into AA just to be safe!

I am going to be ticked off if I end up getting stuck with a non BCS bowl now because of that loss!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
MVP

Anyone else ever have a hard time getting "up" for their bowl game if its not the NC game? I just want to get it over with so I can get onto next year and recruiting. However, I don't want to lose the game so I have to not totally blow it off. Its just such a downer losing in the last seconds to Ohio State that I just want this season over with.

Can't ask for a better finish to season 3 though having to come from behind in the 4th quarter at home against Penn State and then having the next and final game of the season go to the last drive in Columbus. I know I said this last year but this year really should be my year to win my first NC if I can get Brandon Smith and Boubacar Cissoko to return for their 4th seasons and lead my defensive backfield which will finally have ZERO true frosh on the field!!!! Should make a HUUUUGE difference I hope.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

After I lost my Big 12 title game in my first year to drop to 9-4, that hurt my Big 12 standings and I had to play Nevada in my bowl game. I was so disgusted that I ended up losing the stupid game. I just wasn't into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
After I lost my Big 12 title game in my first year to drop to 9-4, that hurt my Big 12 standings and I had to play Nevada in my bowl game. I was so disgusted that I ended up losing the stupid game. I just wasn't into it.
This is exactly what happens to me. I play as bad as the game will let me play to barely win if its not for the NC. I don't want to lose this game though and want to finish off my 3rd season at 12-1 overall and ranked in the top 5. I feel like the old FSU team right now as I am a powerhouse every year and in the mix at the end of every season. Now I just need to get the job done down the stretch. If I can keep those 2 seniors from going to the pros I think I will have a SOLID defense next year. I shouldn't have a bunch of 70s OVR guys running around back there any longer. Everyone will be mid 80s to mid 90s which should spell big trouble for the opposition. I MUST keep Brandon at all costs as I have no one to replace him in my 3-3-5 right now. Boubacar would be a huge keep but not nearly as big of a loss if I had to lose one of them. Keeping both would be HUGE I think and should be enough to win every game with regardless of how poor my offense plays.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

The thing that's frustrating (and fun) is that every year you will have a weak spot that's young and not as good as you want. My Colorado team is in it's 4th year and rated 91 overall but I'm starting a sophomore at QB who just isn't quite ready. Sometimes you need to have your team peak at the right time and I missed that window this year. Next year my WRs will be very young.

It's very important for you to stay highly ranked though. That could let you lose a game next year and still win it all.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 16

What sliders/mode you guys doing your dynasty on?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:57 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberooski
we play on heisman with a slider set from FIST (whatever was his most current on the day we started the dynasty), his best guess is that he has about 47 versions so who knows which one.

The only spot on my team next year that could be better is TE. I am going to recruit at least 1 TE every year for the coming 2 years though and turn that position around into a strength of the team since its the most important single position on my team. (OLB pretty important also to get heat on QB) My defense should be very good for years and years to come as I continue to hall in SOLID 4-stars every year. Since I mainly pass in all SG formations, I really don't have any running game to speak of so recruiting STUD RB and STUD O-Line is not nearly as important as a good QB and STUD TE. My limit of 90 on speed simply means I recruit the biggest WR with hands I can get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberooski
I started my first two years on AA, moved to Heisman for the past 1.5 seasons and am now tinkering with AA again. I have quite a few adjustments on both levels geared to my skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »