Home

The option is broken: would EA fix it? (long)

This is a discussion on The option is broken: would EA fix it? (long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: The option is broken: would EA fix it? (long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs0486
If they have updated the Flex-Bone playbook to what it was on Last Gen like they have said, then it should have Jet, but I seriously hope they add Rocket, it is one Georgia Tech's staple plays. For those that don't know what Rocket is, it's when one of the slotback/wingback goes in Arc motion behind the FB and recieves the pitch at about dead behind where the TE is lined up. It's a play to get to the outside very fast.

Meh, that wasn't really Jet. That was more belly-sweep then anything. On the Jet he should be in motion getting the ball at full speed (ideally, with the guard pulling...but that's doubtful).

Or, they could the bucksweep....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 12:30 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah I know, I'm looking for baby steps right now, I can pretend that it is jet just to get by.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 7

Steve - I did something similar when I played.

I'd also have formations that were auto-gives for me - - - 3 man fronts where the D-Ends were super-wide is good for 5 yards usually, for instance.

Rocket is such a great play IRL. Essential on this play is that the playside OL "steal second base", in the words of Brian Bohannon, QB/B-Back Coach for G-Tech - they open their foot up straight to sideline and move initially move laterally, picking up fast-flowing LBs and safeties coming down. Like the option, it often leaves guys unblocked at the line of scrimmage (the exception being a DE who fights to get across the tackle's face).

The motioning slot is moving at full-speed when he catches the pitch - that's scary for a defense.

This is another one of those plays, however, that is pointless unless the blocking is given decent attention. There's so much interesting and fun stuff that goes on in the blocking game, but all EA pays attention to is the flashy WRs. Imagine how cool it would be to audible a different blocking scheme on something like Rocket --- if the OLB is overplaying to the outside, call a crack switch with the PS Slot and the PS WR.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
Steve - I did something similar when I played.

I'd also have formations that were auto-gives for me - - - 3 man fronts where the D-Ends were super-wide is good for 5 yards usually, for instance.

Rocket is such a great play IRL. Essential on this play is that the playside OL "steal second base", in the words of Brian Bohannon, QB/B-Back Coach for G-Tech - they open their foot up straight to sideline and move initially move laterally, picking up fast-flowing LBs and safeties coming down. Like the option, it often leaves guys unblocked at the line of scrimmage (the exception being a DE who fights to get across the tackle's face).

The motioning slot is moving at full-speed when he catches the pitch - that's scary for a defense.

This is another one of those plays, however, that is pointless unless the blocking is given decent attention. There's so much interesting and fun stuff that goes on in the blocking game, but all EA pays attention to is the flashy WRs. Imagine how cool it would be to audible a different blocking scheme on something like Rocket --- if the OLB is overplaying to the outside, call a crack switch with the PS Slot and the PS WR.

Defense is too random for any of that stuff to every work. Nobody, CPU or otherwise, actually has a defense that aligns to take plays away. Secondaries don't roll, techniques are static.

I would be happy if the OL could execute an assignment (ooooo make the trap work), the option left someone unblocked and I can run any semblance of a real rushing offense.

My triple option workout around is alright, but for the most part my Air-Raid attack is the most consistent. Atleast the coverage reacts predictably (even with the miraculous plays by LB's jumping 20 feet to stop the post...)
Old 04-17-2009, 12:42 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 7

Oh, sorry about calling you steve. That's what I get for creeping onto this site while pretending to work.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ha, I creep onto this site while pretending to teach.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #71
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Just found this thread again. Perfectly put. I hope they fixed the blocking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Just found this thread again. Perfectly put. I hope they fixed the blocking.
I won't be surprised if they don't lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »