Home

3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

This is a discussion on 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

1)I dislike large gaudy menus in my face. I don't mind the menu but dammit make it smaller or keep it lower in the corner so I can see the field!Especially on Defense!

2)PUT THE DAM REFEREES ON THE FIELD!!!(Even the chain guys!....What's the matter with you?????!!!!!!!!) PUT THE DAM COACHES ON THE SIDELINE!!!!!!!!

3)Those mascots get WAAAAAAAy too much time.After a touchdown usually the team mates come around the guy who scored! in 09 Every one walks away even the Other team?! Where's everyone going!!!

OK 4 (This game pisses me off) How about these players run like athletes instead of ******s. GET a new animation engine or something! Its too herky jerky running Get with it, Its 09!

sorry EA can do way better.

ok 5) make room for improvements by eliminating the ability to save every freaking play for my shrine????

6) Need to bring back Huddles ( the QB talking in the huddle) make it more like a TV presentation

Maybe then I'll buy it
Old 01-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Only a combination of 3 or more of these would result in me not buying this game next year.

1. No update to dynasty sim engine (number of plays per game, yards per carry for halfbacks, number of tackles for defensive players, carry distribution between backs, more catches for great tight ends, accurate carries and ypc for different QB types)

2. Recruiting not corrected and updated
(not enough players at certain positions, CPU teams not recruiting enough players at positions, CPU teams not getting walk-ons, more aggressive CPU recruiting to make user recruiting harder, school traits not progressing correctly, promises being less powerful and working correctly)

3. Gameplay sliders not corrected and updated (need more sliders for specific ratings/abilities, need all sliders to work as designed at release)

4. Speed dominates and skill ratings don't matter (we've seen speed break this game for too long now and it's time for skill ratings to really show us who the elite players on the field are)

5. No updates to OL/DL and WR/DB interaction (speaks for itself, these two areas are terrible in this game right now)

6. No coach mode or player lock
(pretty sad we don't have this by now and I'm an old school coach mode player who has been pretty pissed by this)
Old 01-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #19
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Create a school is a given but this definitely needs to be addressed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I'm now in season 7 of NCAA 09 (and yes no simming... I play every game). I was looking at the top 25 polls and I noticed two teams noticably absent... PENN STATE and GEORGIA. I looked at their records and this point in the season PENN is 2-6 and GEORGIA is 1-7. I then looked into their rosters and the recruiting bug had struck... BOTH TEAMS COMBINED HAVE 13 QB's!!!! Wow! Yes, lots of holes in other positions, especially offensive tackle. Both teams combined have three offensive tackes!
Old 01-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Though there is really no way I won't be getting this next year, the biggest problem that jumps out at me is the unrealistic way speed is dealt with.

There is a REASON the records for "longest interception return," "longest run," and "longest reception" are broken right out of the gate, whether by you or your opponent. Players' speed ratings are too cut and dry, black and white. If a person has 94 speed and the pursuer has 88 speed, the pursuer will never catch him, whereas even fast guys in real life get caught before they go the distance, be it because of a stumble, or fatigue, or a defender actually taking a GOOD angle-of-pursuit. That is why 90 yard receptions are non-existent in real life, etc.

That is my biggest beef, and I hate it when one miss-tackle leads to no one being able to catch the CPU for a 90 yard TD run.

grr
Old 01-04-2009, 12:10 AM   #21
MVP

Travis40's Arena

OVR: 7

1. Lack of stadiums (if I play in C-USA, I want to play in real stadiums, not the same stadium for 7 weeks)2. No end zone art for post-season games (Conf. Champ and Bowls)3. No Bowl Patches on jerseys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 37

How many times do we need to say endzone art before someone will finally listen?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #23
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
How many times do we need to say endzone art before someone will finally listen?
Thats something so small, but to me, it's really the main focal point. If the gameplay doesnt play perfect, at least let me feel like I'm really in the game.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:53 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 17

Need to work on the grass/field colors/textures. Either that or change the color of the pre-play art b/c if you are playing in a mid afternoon game the grass on the field looks brown and when you view your pre-play art it's like some crazy neon yellow and orange that you can barely see.

CPU ball carriers also needs to be tuned up to run towards open space rather than away from open space and into a crowd of defenders.

Plus all the other stuff mentioned in the wish list.

I'm still waiting to see an EA football game with an actual pocket, although im damn near 98% sure we won't this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »