Home

OMT, All stadiums in for 2010?

This is a discussion on OMT, All stadiums in for 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: OMT, All stadiums in for 2010?

personally i would go with the generic open stadium so people that use minnesota in dynasty mode won't be stuck in the metrodome every season after 2009
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #26
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj
Is it possible to give them the generic open air stadium with the field art Minnesota currently has?

This is a tough call though. The open air stadium allows users to travel to Minnesota for the 'fun' winter weather, but won't be accurate. However, the last two years there have been a lot of criticism that the Alamo Dome was not in fact a 'dome' in the game, and this would be essentially the same decision/result. (Playing inside when the real stadium is an outdoor stadium.)

If you guys do pick to go with the open air stadium (which I lean towards), I hope the Metrodome is still found in the game as a selectable stadium to play in.
Yes, it will still have Minnesota field art. It is kind of a tough decision. I've bounced it off some people but am still torn! Maybe I'll just take the easy way out and ask the school to make the call.

I do intend on keeping the old stadium in for Stadium Select unless a programmer tells me it has to be tied to a team or bowl game to work.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #27
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Rogers centre=Dome not open stadiumm
I know... but we don't have a generic dome stadium. That's why Alamo Dome has been open so far.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #28
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

OMT, I just want to make sure you guys are going to update Autzen Stadium's video board. I posted about it once the football season began so I'm thinking you didn't miss it but I'd love to confirm that the game will have the new giant screen in.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm a big Troy Trojan fan. The stadium on past NCAA Football games has been similar to Movie Gallery Vetrans Stadium, but it looks like 20-30k seats have been added. There isn't any seats in one of the endzones, but they are included in the game. I know that the smaller schools aren't probably high on the list of things to change, but it would be nice if the stadium on the game was a better representation of the actual stadium. Do you know if there is going to be any changes to some of the smaller stadiums this year?
Old 02-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #30
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

OMT - I would say definitely go with the open air stadium. Not even everybody notices precise details, but getting something as large as indoor or outdoor is huge. Truthfully, if I was playing an away game at the Metrodome I would be bummed because it wouldn't have a realism factor at all. It would be much better to have them outside.

Please, just give them a generic open-air stadium. I'm tired of playing in the Metrodome with the Gophers.

Just look at the criticism you have taken for not having a dome for the Alamo Bowl, I think that similar criticism would be taken if Minnesota was still indoors, if they are outdoors then they may be more forgiving.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #31
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburntigersfan
OMT - I would say definitely go with the open air stadium. Not even everybody notices precise details, but getting something as large as indoor or outdoor is huge. Truthfully, if I was playing an away game at the Metrodome I would be bummed because it wouldn't have a realism factor at all. It would be much better to have them outside.

Please, just give them a generic open-air stadium. I'm tired of playing in the Metrodome with the Gophers.

Just look at the criticism you have taken for not having a dome for the Alamo Bowl, I think that similar criticism would be taken if Minnesota was still indoors, if they are outdoors then they may be more forgiving.
I remember doing this with the new UCF stadium on NCAA 08. We switched to the generic stadium and got a lot of "the New UCF Stadium is in!" comments in response to promotional screenshots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have another question OMT. Will the team names be included in the endzones of bowl games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »