Home

Out Routes...

This is a discussion on Out Routes... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Out Routes...

You guys are crazy. Out routes, particularly to slot WRs and TEs are money. Lead pass outside and throw when the guy makes his break.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
You guys are crazy. Out routes, particularly to slot WRs and TEs are money. Lead pass outside and throw when the guy makes his break.
Still doesn't work unless you have a highly rated QB, NOT playing on Heisman. If you're playing on Heisman and don't have an elite QB, even if you lead the WR the QB will throw the ball behind him or throw it right to the defender. This is either an intentionally or accidental flaw in the AI.

I can see that they don't want to make it complete all the time. How about overthrowing the WR? How about not getting it to him (hits infront of him)? Why do they ALWAYS have to have it be a reception or an interception? Things like that make me question just how good these guys are at what they do.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I think they are to EASY!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #12
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
Still doesn't work unless you have a highly rated QB, NOT playing on Heisman. If you're playing on Heisman and don't have an elite QB, even if you lead the WR the QB will throw the ball behind him or throw it right to the defender. This is either an intentionally or accidental flaw in the AI.

I can see that they don't want to make it complete all the time. How about overthrowing the WR? How about not getting it to him (hits infront of him)? Why do they ALWAYS have to have it be a reception or an interception? Things like that make me question just how good these guys are at what they do.
Disagree. It's basically money every time.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #13
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Disagree. It's basically money every time.
Wait, I'm thinking of another route.
I'm thinking of the ___ route.

Can't think of the name. The run diagonally five yards, go upfield five or 10 then cut back to the right diagonally. Looks like a C with a straight center.

Last edited by MtneerManiac; 02-16-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

i think you are talking about a post corner route
Old 02-17-2009, 12:57 AM   #15
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
I was about to say that..I love the out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
Am I the only one that finds Out Patterns extremely difficult to get the QB to throw the ball in the right spot?? These patterns have literally cost me 4 OD games in the past couple of weeks. I mean....The WR or TE is WIDE OPEN....like 3 to 5 steps in front of the DB....yet I cannot get the QB to throw the ball in front of the receiver....it is almost always thrown 2 to 3 yards INSIDE the receiver....almost as if the QB thinks the DB is on offense....and they tend to go pick 6 style. I tell the QB to lead to the outside....so if he misses way outside that would be fine....but WAY INSIDE is getting me so frustrated that I feel I cannot control the outcome of the game.

What can I do to get the QB to realize to throw the ball to where only the WR can get it.

You need throw the ball before the WR makes it break.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »