Home

Progressive Lighting

This is a discussion on Progressive Lighting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #9
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Progressive Lighting

Well, they need to bring back the progressive lighting. The "new" lightning system is just the field's lights.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
No, it's not a "feature" any more than jersey bowl patches or QB auto throw. It's something that we all just expect after seeing it for so long.
My point was this does it matter what its called so long as it in the game! They can call it sh!t as long as its in the game and done right. I dont care if it should have been already I dont cry over spilled milk!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #11
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

I think was from NCAA 2007, all I remember was the insane lighting effects, it just added that special pop to the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 27

^^^ That, Petey, is a perfect example of how this game's graphics have gone downhill. That photo looks amazing. We don't get anything like that now. Football is such a visual sport that sacrificing the graphics hurts the whole experience. It might've been salvaged had the gameplay really made serious strides in terms of fun factor and what not, but it hasn't so the losses haven't added up to anything monumental.

I remember a Dev over at NCAA Strategies tried to tell me that 09 looks way better than that. I didn't argue it, I just left it alone. I just felt like, if you guys think what you're doing now looks better than 07, there is nothing I could possibly say to convince you otherwise if the visual evidence can't convince you.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
^^^ That, Petey, is a perfect example of how this game's graphics have gone downhill. That photo looks amazing. We don't get anything like that now. Football is such a visual sport that sacrificing the graphics hurts the whole experience. It might've been salvaged had the gameplay really made serious strides in terms of fun factor and what not, but it hasn't so the losses haven't added up to anything monumental.

I remember a Dev over at NCAA Strategies tried to tell me that 09 looks way better than that. I didn't argue it, I just left it alone. I just felt like, if you guys think what you're doing now looks better than 07, there is nothing I could possibly say to convince you otherwise if the visual evidence can't convince you.
Player models and field art are the only things better(graphics wise) in '09 than '07. I believe '07 even had the band in the stands. but they wanted 60 FPS, so they toned it down, then they had to get the PS3 to 60 FPS, so they toned it down some more.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

The only thing that bothered me with the graphics in 07 was the jerseys looked like plastic.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Player models and field art are the only things better(graphics wise) in '09 than '07.
Agreed.

Quote:
I believe '07 even had the band in the stands.
Admittedly though, that didn't look so good. They sorta jammed them into the field walls... it was kinda weird, lol.

Quote:
but they wanted 60 FPS, so they toned it down, then they had to get the PS3 to 60 FPS, so they toned it down some more.
Yeah... the frame debate is one I've had many times and while I appreciated how people pointed to gameplay as a reason to go 60FPS, I've yet to see it make the type of impact that warranted such a move that ultimately made graphics second-rate to what they could possibly be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #16
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

As far as the jerseys looking like plastic, I think the shoes are still too shiny. That looks funny to me.

The jersey's, in 09, didn't have enough color. Many of them seem faded or washed out. Some were ok though. The shiny shoes stood out to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »