Home

When will we have the option of line stunts ala NFL2k/APF2k

This is a discussion on When will we have the option of line stunts ala NFL2k/APF2k within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
When will we have the option of line stunts ala NFL2k/APF2k

The current system of choosing what your Line does by EA Sports seems very limited and not very effective.

I'd like to see a design more like the 2k interface...where when you are picking your defense, you select your formation first....then select what you want your defensive line to do (fan out, crash in, have the DTs stunt, etc.)....then select your defensive play.

Has there been any discussion EA guys about doing something along these lines to help out the defense?

It's time that the Defense was given more options/plays, etc. to counter all of the attention that the offense has gotten as of late. Just my .02.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: When will we have the option of line stunts ala NFL2k/APF2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The current system of choosing what your Line does by EA Sports seems very limited and not very effective.

I'd like to see a design more like the 2k interface...where when you are picking your defense, you select your formation first....then select what you want your defensive line to do (fan out, crash in, have the DTs stunt, etc.)....then select your defensive play.

Has there been any discussion EA guys about doing something along these lines to help out the defense?

It's time that the Defense was given more options/plays, etc. to counter all of the attention that the offense has gotten as of late. Just my .02.
I think EA does not get it. Sorry AA, I am in the same boat with you on this. Yet again I will be playing APF while people complain.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
MVP

sdid22's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

bravo my man. I totally agree. I would definitely like more options on defense. Why is it that I can move percy harvin into 5 different positions (qb, rb, x, y, and slot receiver) with the flick of the stick, and I can't have my top CB or Safety cover whomever he needs to based on formation?

There are so many man/zone combos where some guys are playing man some zone that aren't available.

There also needs to be an easier way to sub guys in and out, wait I know how you could alleviate some of that problem . . . Give us formation subs back!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:54 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

EA has already stated they won't have tiered play calling this year. I don't have a link, but I am 100% sure they said that.

― Plato
Old 04-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Very good post AA. It seems to be turning into a wishlist thread but I’m going to add to it anyway. What I would love to see is EA do away with all the cumbersome stuff you have to do to change a defensive player’s assignment. For example, if I have a safety where the play calls for him to go into deep zone coverage but I want to change his assignment to man-cover a receiver, I don’t want to have to scroll to the safety, hit triangle (Y) or whatever button it is, then figure out whether to flick the left stick or right stick, then figure out which direction to flick said stick to get the guy to cover the receiver. It’s just too complicated for old guys like me that don’t play this game 24/7.

This is even worse when you consider that if you scroll past a player you have to start scrolling over again through the other 10 players on the field before reaching your safety again. I much prefer 2k’s system of pulling on the Right Trigger to bring up the DB icons, select the icon button of the player for which you want to change assignment, then select the icon button of the receiver you want him to cover. They also need to set it up so that you can reverse scroll through the players.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I get what you are saying but you can hold the change player button and point with one of the sticks toward the player you want to control.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

The tiered Defense calling and the APF kicking game are two areas they really needed to flat out steal the first year it was out. The restriction of the QB running and throwing would be next on that list. APF had its issues but the core was really special. EA is damn lucky you cannot edit the generics names and there wasn't a franchise mode or many more would still be playing that game.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 04-02-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #8
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Heck, I'd be happy with just form. subs, much less 2K playcalling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »