Home

NCAA Football 10 Video: Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Video: Online Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #89
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA Football 10 Video: Online Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8
This is not quite true.

Don't think of it as a 4 or 5 star recruit that was given 4 or 5 stars during the pre-evaluation period (junior year). These could be kids that went on and had an incredible senior year and raised their stock to the point that they become 4 or 5 star recruits. Same happens with those 4 or 5 star recruits that have horrible senior years and are demoted to lower star ratings. Also not all 4 and 5 star recruits commit early, alot do, but its almost becoming vouge for a few not too and to play the recruiting game even past signing day...Bryce Brown, Terrell Pryor, Orson Charles, etc., etc.
Well, it looks like they are going to be 4 or 5* so why should anyone pretend they're not what they are. I think it's cool to have guys who drag out the recruiting process and EA replicated this by having guys whose meter fills very slowly. He said they were holding some guys and that there would be guys there no one has talked to.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #90
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Online Dynasty: First Look Video

Improved sims stats
Competitive recruiting
New interface
Big recruits available in the off-season

Great stuff and it's starting to look much improved already.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 8

Holding recruits is great...not all recruits are 4 and 5 stars at the start the season. A 5'8 kid named Damaris Johnson, ever heard of him, he started the year as a 3 star kid and didn't get the attention until people seen him play during the Louisiana high school state playoffs. We in the New Orleans area knew this kid was the truth. Their was even an article in the paper about why no one was recruiting one of the best athletes in the state. But by the time signing day came....Johnson was rated a four star player. That happens in real life so I'm sure there are other cases like this. Johnson plays at Tulsa by the way. And it seems like more 5 star kids are going to follow Pryor and Brown and hold their recruiting after signing day...EA is just ahead of the curve right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #92
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Well, it looks like they are going to be 4 or 5* so why should anyone pretend they're not what they are. I think it's cool to have guys who drag out the recruiting process and EA replicated this by having guys whose meter fills very slowly. He said they were holding some guys and that there would be guys there no one has talked to.
Again my friend that does happen. Like I said, guys that are totally off the radar that have incredible senior seasons and are elevated from lower rated recruits to higher rated recruits. I understand your point as they would still have had some contact, but I understand what they are trying to do. Not 100% totally realistic, but not 100% totally unrealistic either.

I think they are just trying to inject some true WORTH into the post season reruiting period.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sEcTiOn8
Again my friend that does happen. Like I said, guys that are totally off the radar that have incredible senior seasons and are elevated from lower rated recruits to higher rated recruits. I understand your point as they would still have had some contact, but I understand what they are trying to do. Not 100% totally realistic, but not 100% totally unrealistic either.

I think they are just trying to inject some true WORTH into the post season reruiting period.
I agree %100, they would have had some contact but this is where the video game can't replicate real life.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #94
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Revising rankings and having a recruit move up is fine. That doesn't seem to be the case the way RK put it. Inserting some artificial BS to add more recruits in the off-season is dumb. Have revised rankings and have more recruits slow play the process by the meter taking way longer to fill before committing. That is close to natural.

EA...ahead of the curve??? Wow!
Old 04-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #95
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Online Dynasty: First Look Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Yeah. I said toned down. There are never 7-10 QBs in a season who throw 20 INTs like EA typically has. What kind of college football are you watching on Saturdays? You need to check out some "real world" statistics. There have only been 3 QBs in the last 4 years who have thrown 20 or more INTs in a season.

I do agree about the TD/INT ratio though. EA always has every QB and their grandma throwing about 25+ TDs which is just silly. It's just off.

As for the actual gameplay, they obviously need to be toned down (again). It's gotten to the point that I feel guilty if I intercept the CPU QB. Then again, that is typically one of their few incompletions.
There are only 3 QB's who have thrown 20+ INT because they get benched, LOL! Since QB's don't get benched mid-season in this video game, you have to compare to the total INT's for the school.

11 teams last year had 20+ INT. 35 had 15+ INT.

Most of these schools had 2-3 QB's sharing stats due to poor performance, but in this game there will be one starting QB barring injury. That mediocre QB will end up with 20-25 TD and 15 INT in a worst case scenario in a NCAA 09 simmed season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #96
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
have more recruits slow play the process by the meter taking way longer to fill before committing.
Read above. That was all that was needed. Some prospects already do this by staying at a "10 schools remaining" status for the whole season until the offseason.

Truth be told, we shouldn't be willing to accept anything less than National Signing Day and players soft committing during the season and changing commitments in the offseason based on swaying/pitching.

That fixes all of these minor problems and mimics real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »