Home

Kicking System in 2010

This is a discussion on Kicking System in 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Kicking System in 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if the sliders are more effective, that wouldn't matter, there is a separate FG power and Kickoff power sliders.
Yes but online ranked games have default sliders
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
true, but I've never and will likely never play a NCAA rank online game. if the sliders worked for user vs user games in Online dynasty, that would also be helpful, but they don't.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #11
Rookie

huskeraddict's Arena

OVR: 6

Kicking should be toned down. It seems like you can bring in any kicker and he can hit from 55. Most kickers can't just do that, well maybe one can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUXb7iTPBfo#t=20s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 8

I have to say i saw the funniest kick in 09, it was an extra point and the guy who i was playing against's kicker glitched at the beginning to be one step back of where he usually is and when the ball was snapped, he ran his normal animation, and missed the ball, extra point no good
Old 04-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The current analog kicking system is awful. Simply awful and sliders won't make it better. Kicks between the hashes are automatic. Kicks from the hashes are harder but there is too much of a discrepancy in difficulty when you factor in 100% success from the middle in NCAA '09. Real kickers do struggle a little more from the wide hash but they still struggle hitting kicks from the middle of the field in college. Should I say it again? The current system sucks.

They need to add a drift to the accuracy arrow or change it somehow. I'm all for scrapping this new system and go back to the old button system where you could miss kicks and see more hooks and slices.

EA really needs to take a stronger look at how they do the kicking game. Why is length still a factor on the sticks? How many kickers are short on kicks under 45 yards in football? Nobody. The length of your kick should be dependent on the angle (completely under-utilized with regards to length vs. kick blocks in the game) and the kick power of your player. There should be a little variation built in but whether you miss or make the kick largely is based on accuracy. Create a new system that just focuses on that. Heck, NBA Live only has a sliding bar you have to click on to make a free throw (no depth button click required). A nice simple system like that would be preferable to this poorly conceived system.

Just bring back the old button system or add it as an option and many of us will be very happy. How easy is that to please us?
Old 04-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
Exactly. I do not give a crap about sliders for this reason.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree that the currenct kicking system is way too easy.
Even with sliders it is too easy.
I would like to see the weather play a role in the kicking game too. So if i am playing in heavy snow, then i should not be able to kick a 45yard FG. how it is now it is automatic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #16
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
Not Mr. Wieclaw he was turrible for me
Well, that's to be expected - he's a crummy kicker in the game and in real life. You gotta go with Bosher
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »